This is a trainee position for an ambitious graduate to work within the Inside Sales Department. Our Graduate Trainee program is targeted for fresh graduates who would like to springboard their careers.
You will be given the opportunity to receive firsthand experience with Engineering, IT, Production, and Sales as well as many other departments that assist in the creation and implementation of our product.
Our goal is to train talented junior staff so that they can grow as young professionals and contribute to the continued success of Rotork.
- Responsible for all Inside Sales activities and customer contact from the date a request for quotation is received, through hand-off of purchase order to the Contracts Department, while maintaining the systems and procedures according to the Inside Sales Department and ISO9000
- The successful candidate will be responsible for developing quotations and proposals for all Rotork divisions
- Analyze requests for quotation
- RFQ logging, management reporting, status follow-up with customers, Rotork representatives and distributors
- Devise technical solutions - size and select electric, pneumatic, hydraulic, electro-hydraulic, and high-pressure gas actuators with appropriate controls
- Determine the proper control system components required from interpretation of customer specifications and drawings
- Prepare final proposals in a timely manner.
- Phone support for requests or quoted applications
- Work with suppliers on custom control applications
- Compile and report actuator sizing and quotation program software errors
- Resolve discrepancies between quotation and customer order
- Ensure customers’ requirements are completely and adequately transferred to Contracts Department
- Must demonstrate a high level of Customer Service.
- Motivated, self-starter and able to work independently as well as part of a regional Factory Store environment.
- Enthusiastic, goal oriented and eager to meet or exceed departmental sales objectives.
- Pneumatics/hydraulics/electrical applications engineering experience a plus.
- Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Must be thorough, accurate, organized and reliable.
- Must be able to juggle multiple tasks at once.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word (intermediate level), Excel (intermediate level) and Outlook. Able to quickly learn and utilize business software.
EDUCATION: Technical education at minimum 2-year college program is required. Bachelor degree in an Engineering discipline is preferred.