This Website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect personal information relating to children.
2. Who we are
We are Rotork plc, a public listed company registered in England and Wales (registration number: 00578327) whose registered office is at Rotork House, Brassmill Lane, Bath BA1 3JQ.
Rotork plc is a member of a group of companies with various trading divisions including Rotork Controls; Rotork Fluid Systems; Rotork Gears; and Rotork Instruments the ("Rotork Group"). If you would like a complete, up-to-date list of Rotork Group companies that may process your personal information please contact us using the contact details listed in section 3.
3. How to contact us
If you have any questions about how we use your personal information, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please contact us by any of the following means:
- e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- write to us at Rotork House, Brassmill Lane, Bath BA1 3JQ
4. The personal information we collect about you
Personal information you provide to us
We collect personal information which you provide to us when you access and browse our Website (including when you submit personal information through data entry fields on the Website) and when you obtain products or services, or otherwise interact with us. For example, we may collect the following information from you:
- your title;
- your name;
- your position;
- your company;
- your postal address;
- your phone, fax and e-mail details;
- other personal information you provide to us as part of a query. For example, information about the sector in which you work, or images you provide to us when you submit a query;
- other personal information you provide to us as part of a job application such as a CV; and
- information we collect from you when you purchase products or services from us. For example, the type of product you purchased from us
Personal information we collect automatically
When you use our Website, we also collect the following information about you automatically:
- information about other websites you have visited (for example, the address of a referring website you may have accessed before ours);
- information about how you use our Website (for example, how long you spend using it, how often you use it, when you last used it, and the content you access, such as our publications and white papers); and
- technical and device-specific information, such as your IP address, information about the hardware you are using, your operating system, or your unique device identifier.
5. We collect personal information using cookies
We collect certain personal information automatically through the use of "cookies." A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we put on your computer if you agree. These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of our Website, which helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our Website and also allows us to improve our Website.
We use various types of cookies, including session cookies which improve your internet browsing experience (for example, by helping to load web pages more quickly) and analytical cookies. We use analytical cookies to enable us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our Website and to see how visitors move around our Website. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Ist Party Cookies (i.e. Rotork Cookies)
Unique identifier for each browser session.
Unique identifier for each browser session for Sizing Guide only.
3rd Party Cookies
|Supplier Name||Cookie Names||Purpose|
We use Adobe (along with Pressjack - see below) to present interactive documents, such as the Annual Report & Accounts, and the Rotalk Magazine.
We use Google Analytics to gather Website statistics. It provides useful information, such as which areas of our Website are the most popular.
|We use Investis to provide Investor information such as Share Price, Share Monitor, and RNS Announcements.|
|Pressjack||JSESSIONID||We use Pressjack (along with Adobe - see above) to present interactive documents, such as the Annual Report & Accounts, and Rotalk Magazine.|
|We use YouTube to play the videos and animations which can be found on the Website.|
6. How we use your information
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- to make our Website available to you and to provide you with content which is tailored to your individual tastes;
- to provide you with services that you request;
- where you have given us your consent, we may disclose your personal information to our partners so that they may contact you (including by SMS and e-mail) with products and services which they think may interest you;
- to provide you with news feeds or newsletters to which you have subscribed;
- where you have given us your consent, we may send you information about our business, our publications or other products and services which we think you may be interested in. If we contact you, we will give you the option to opt out of receiving further similar communications if you wish;
- to process requests, queries, questions, or complaints you may have, and to provide customer service. For example, requests to use images in our image library, queries about our products, or requests for quotes;
- if you create an account, we will use your account details (such as your email address and password) to administer your account;
- if you submit an application for a job vacancy, we will use your information to consider and process your application;
- if you undertake any eLearning using our Customer Portal we will use your personal information to provide the training and to keep a record of the training you have undertaken;
- to notify you about important changes to our Website, including this Policy;
- to enforce, or apply this Policy, as well as our other policies, agreements or terms and conditions. Copies of our terms and conditions may be found here: http://www.rotork.com/en/about-us/index/termsandconditions;
- to investigate and protect our users or customers from fraudulent, abusive or inappropriate, use of the Website or other unlawful activity; and/or
- for other purposes which are explained to you at the time we collect your personal information.
We will not sell or rent your personal information to any third party unless you have consented to this. If you do consent but later change your mind, you may contact us by emailing email@example.com and we will cease any such activity.
7. With whom do we share your personal information?
We may share your personal information with the following parties:
With whom do we share your personal information?
Why do we share it?
Our marketing and sales partners
We may share your personal information with our marketing and sales partners, who help us manage our advertising, and enable us to send you information about products and services you may be interested in. These partners help us to manage our customer information and personalise emails.
Third party service providers
We may share your personal information with a range of third party service providers who help us with our business. For example IT service providers, subcontractors, and professional services providers.
Third parties requiring information for legal reasons
We may share your personal information with others if the law requires us to, or if we think it is necessary to comply with the law. We may also share your personal information if we need to do so to protect or defend our legal rights, or those of others.
Third party investigators, authorities or law enforcement bodies
We may share your personal information to investigate suspected unlawful activity.
Potential buyers or investors
If we ever wish to sell our business, we may need to share your personal information with a potential buyer or an investor.
Members of the Rotork Group
We may share your personal information with members of the Rotork Group where required for business operational reasons, or so that they can send you information about products and services you may be interested in.
8. What is our legal basis for using your personal information?
If you are obtaining our products or services from within the European Economic Area ("EEA"), then we are required to ensure that we only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. When we process your personal information we will only do so where at least one of the following applies:
- we need to use your personal information to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you;
- if it is in our legitimate interests to use your personal information. For example, it is in our legitimate interests to use your personal information to improve our Website, to tell you about changes to this Policy, to tell you about new services or products we are offering, and for business reasons (for example to develop our business or if we are thinking of selling our business); or
- sometimes we may ask for your consent to use certain types of personal information (e.g. by asking you to tick an online box). In these circumstances, your consent will be our legal basis for processing your personal information. If you have provided consent, you may withdraw it at any time. You may do this by "opting out" where we give you the opportunity to do so, or by contacting via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. How long do we keep your personal information?
If you have registered an account with us, we will normally only keep your personal information for as long as your account is active. When you close your account with us, we will normally delete your personal information. Sometimes, however, we may keep your personal information after you have closed your account. For example:
- we may retain personal information about how you have used our Website for as long as we think it may be useful to us in order to improve the Website and develop our business. This may include for example, information about how you have used our Website;
- we may also retain your personal information after you have closed your account so that we can send you information about products, services and publications we think you may be interested in. You can "unsubscribe" to receiving such messages or tell us you are no longer interested;
- we may retain your personal information in order to protect our legal rights, or those of third party, or to comply with the law; or
- if you purchase products or services from us, we may retain your personal information for as long as we need to in order to provide you with after sales customers service, or for as long as we need to for compliance purposes in order to comply with our record keeping requirements.
10. We may transfer your personal information outside the EEA
We may transfer personal information that we collect from you to third party data processors or other members of the Rotork Group located in countries that are outside of the EEA in connection with the above purposes.
If we transfer your personal information outside the EEA we will only do so where one of the following applies:
- there is an adequacy decision by the European Commission which means that the recipient country is deemed to provide adequate protection for such personal data;
- where the transfer of personal information is to a member of the Rotork Group, and we have in place binding corporate rules with such member which safeguard the personal information;
- where we have in place standard model contractual clauses with the recipient which have been approved by the European Commission. These model contractual clauses include certain safeguards to protect the personal information;
- in the case of transfers of personal information to the US, if the recipient has signed up to the US Privacy Shield Framework; or
- if such transfer is needed to enable us to perform our contractual obligations to you relating to products or services we have agreed to provide to you. We will only do this where such transfers are occasional and necessary.
We take data privacy seriously and we only use your personal information where we have a lawful basis for doing so, and only to the extent that we need to use it. Whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information, no transmission over the internet can ever be guaranteed secure. You should always think carefully before providing or sharing information which you wish to keep private or confidential.
12. What choices and rights do you have regarding the use of your personal information?
You may "opt out" of receiving marketing or promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. You may also opt out of such marketing by getting in touch by emailing us on email@example.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your account or our on-going business relations.
If you are based in the EEA or United Kingdom and accessing our Website, you also have the following rights:
- to have access to any personal information we hold about you;
- to ask us not to use your personal information for direct-marketing purposes;
- to restrict the way that we process your personal information;
- to ask us to provide your personal information to a third party provider of services; and
- to have a copy of any personal information which we hold about you.
If you need help or wish to exercise any of the above rights or have questions about them, please contact us using the details in section 3.
We will consider all such requests and provide our response as soon as we can. Please note, however, that personal information may be exempt from such requests in certain circumstances, which may include circumstances where we need to keep processing your personal information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. We may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity. If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us via the contact details set out in section 3.
13. Third party sites
This Website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. Please note that we cannot be responsible for personal information that third parties may collect, store and use through their websites. You should always read the policy of each website you visit carefully.
14. Complaints and queries
If you have any complaints, queries or questions about how we use your personal information, you may contact us using the contact details set out in section 3. We will then get in touch with you to see how we can help.
If you have a complaint about how we use your personal information, we would always prefer you to contact us first. However, you may also make a complaint to the relevant data privacy regulator if you wish to do so. Please let us know if you are unsure about how to get in touch with the data privacy regulator.