Skilmatic SI self-contained electric fail-safe actuators
The SI range of self-contained electro-hydraulic actuators combining the simplicity of electrical operation with the precision of hydraulic control and the reliability of mechanical spring-return.
Building on the success of the Skilmatic SI range of actuators, Rotork has enhanced the specification by introducing the new SI 3rd generation which includes an extended range of spring-return actuators with a torque ranges of 2,000 Nm to 30,000 Nm. The new range of electrically operated actuators offers a wide range of operating speeds, additional ESD options with single or dual inputs, enhanced partial stroke testing and communication capabilities to meet a wide range of applications.
- Failsafe, closed, open or in last position
- Flameproof Ex d IIB/IIC T4 and watertight to a minimum IP67
- Additional ESD options including dual inputs
- Functional Safety to SIL 2 (1oo1) and SIL3 (1oo2) IEC 61508-2-2010
- Partial Stroke Tests (PST) can be performed either via the Rotork Bluetooth® Setting Tool locally or remotely from the DCS or through network cards
- PST measures the time to move to a set position while monitoring the pressure
- All final elements are tested as part of the PST
- PST results are recorded in the data logger, shown on the display with an option for remote pass / fail indication
- Advanced dual stacked display presents valve and process data for asset management and data analysis
- Large backlit HMI display. Low power version available for solar applications
- Non-intrusive setting – no cover removal required using secure Bluetooth® wireless connection
- Configurable datalogger functionality including service alarms
- Increased functionality over network cards including Pakscan, Profibus®, Foundation Fieldbus®, Modbus® and HART®
- Operating temperature available from -50 to +70 °C
See SI3 Brochure for further details.