The CQ range provides an innovative fully-concentric and balanced actuator design for quarter-turn valves. The design features a helical mechanism that transforms linear piston motion into quarter-turn valve stem rotation. CQ actuators provide a much higher torque output for a given footprint than scotch-yoke designs typically utilised to operate many quarter-turn valve types. It is therefore ideally suited for installation in confined spaces. Further, Rotork’s unique helical pin design provides higher efficiency than a helical gear mechanism utilised by other valve actuator manufacturers.
As standard, the CQ torque output profile, like that of a scotch-yoke actuator, is engineered to parallel the torque demand profile typically found with popular quarter-turn valve types. The CQ design however is unique in that the torque profile can be custom engineered and manufactured to meet atypical valve torque requirements.
It is our experience that most applications the CQ is suitable for require a pneumatically powered actuator with torque demand less than 150,000 Nm. Our standard range of sizes meet those requirements but we also engineer CQ actuators with greater output and/or hydraulic power. Please apply to Rotork for these applications.
- Up to 150,000 Nm (1,300,000 lbf.in) (higher upon request)
- Instrument air
- Mineral oil
- Sweet, clean and dry natural gas / nitrogen
- 12 barg for the pneumatic
- 90° ± 5° (Custom rotations beyond 90° upon request)
- Standard: -30 to 100 °C (-22 to 212 °F)
- PED Compliant: -20 to 160 °C (-4 to 320 °F)
- Low: -40 to 160 °C (-40 to 320 °F)
- Extreme Low: -60 to 160 °C (-76 to 320°F)
- IP66/IP68, PED, IECEx, EAC, suitable for SIL3 application
- Actuators certified to ATEX 2014/34/EU
See CQ literature page for further details.