For over 40 years Hiller has been a leading supplier of linear actuators for the nuclear power industry. These actuators are designed in-house and environmentally qualified by independent laboratories to ensure operation in the arduous environments within a nuclear power plant.
Product availability for both pneumatic and hydraulic applications ensures flexibility and assures suitability for every application within a plant. Key applications include MSIV (Main Steam Isolation Valve) and MFIV (Main Feedwater Isolation Valve) actuation. In addition to completed actuator designs, Hiller is experienced in designing custom packages to replace existing actuators installed in the plant. Control packages are tailored to meet application specific requirements.
- Qualified in accordance with IEEE-382/344/323
- Compliance with CSA Z299.1 by analysis
- CE marking and compliance to European directives available
- Mounting specifically designed to integrate with the valve
- Suitable for safety related or non-safety related applications with active or passive functions
- Available in both single- and double-acting configurations
- Various configurable failure mode options available including internal coil springs or accumulator systems
- Custom control solutions tailored to suit the application specific requirements
- Isolating or modulating duty (on-off or positioning)
- Design life of up to 60 years
- Maintenance life of up to 10 years
- Designed with ease of maintenance with no special tools being required for maintenance activities
- 1½” through 50” bore size available with stroke as required