Code of Conduct
Download the code of conduct in multiple languages here.
From its early beginnings in Bath in the UK over 60 years ago, Rotork has grown into a global business with a global supply chain. Throughout this time Rotork has earned a reputation for integrity, fair dealing and ethical behaviour. Rotork is determined that it preserves this reputation and that, wherever it does business or operates around the world, it exerts a positive influence and has a positive impact.
Rotork expects the same high standards from its suppliers. As such, as a condition of being a supplier to Rotork, you must adhere to the following core values and require your own supply chain to adhere to them too.
As a supplier to Rotork, you and anyone working on your behalf, must:
- comply with all applicable laws;
- treat others with trust, dignity and respect and without discrimination on the basis of race, gender, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, disability or age;
- operate a zero tolerance policy to extortion, bribery and corruption and never offer, pay, solicit or accept bribes in any form;
- declare to Rotork any conflicts of interest that may affect your business with Rotork;
- reduce health and safety risks associated with your business to a level as low as reasonably practicable;
- ensure you are not complicit in any human rights abuses;
- uphold freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining, free from interference, discrimination, retaliation or harassment;
- never use child, compulsory or forced labour or any other form of slavery or servitude and work diligently to ensure that your supply chain does not use such practices; including by terminating with immediate effect any of your suppliers who are found to have or are suspected of having such practices;
- have a good awareness of, and maintain robust processes and procedures to ensure you comply with all applicable environmental laws, regulations and codes of practice; and
- in all other respects, conduct your business with integrity, fairness and in good faith.
You must always report any concerns you have to Rotork. You can either do this by talking to your usual point of contact at Rotork or, if you feel uncomfortable doing this, Rotork also operates a whistleblowing policy that provides you with:
· guidance on how to raise concerns; and
· a mechanism to raise genuine concerns without any fear of comeback, even if they turn out to be mistaken.
Rotork’s whistleblowing policy can be found on Rotork’s website here.
Principles Based Approach
You should refer to the principles set out in this Supplier Code of Conduct when ethical and compliance issues arise. Each of the principles in this Supplier Code of Conduct is fundamental to how Rotork does business. However, this Supplier Code of Conduct cannot anticipate every possible instance in which an ethical issue may arise, and so it aims to reinforce the ethical and responsible way in which Rotork expects you to conduct your business and the integrity, honesty and transparency which is required in your operations.
Rotork will be entitled to terminate any contract with you immediately if it reasonably believes you have failed to adhere to either the letter or spirit of this Supplier Code of Conduct.