- Reports To: Inside Sales Supervisor
- Location: Houston, TX or Rochester, NY
- Job Type: Full Time
- Area Of Interest: Engineering
- Contact: Andreina Ramirez (email@example.com)
The Applications Engineer will be responsible for the preparation of quotes to convert inquiries into orders and some day-to-day contact with customers.
This opportunity allows the Application Engineer to provide application solutions, drawings, and technical support for the customer service team.
Reporting to the Inside Sales Supervisor, this person will review customer requests for quotation (RFQ), including technical and commercial specifications, and also identify cost effective best suited engineered product for the application.
- Technical education, preferably a Bachelor’s in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (other engineering fields or equivalent experience will also be considered).
- Ability and experience operating computer-aided design (CAD) software, Solid Edge preferable.
- 1-2 years’ experience in application engineering or inside sales is desired.
- Pneumatics/hydraulics applications engineering/controls experience a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365. Able to quickly learn & utilize business software and internal programs.
- Ability to interact with customers on routine basis and must demonstrate a high level of customer service.
The Successful Candidate
- Motivated, self-starter and able to work independently and with a team.
- Enthusiastic, goal oriented and eager to meet or exceed departmental sales objectives and project deadlines.
- Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels (verbal, written and presentation skills).
- Must be thorough, accurate and organized, with a strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to prioritize work load and manage multiple tasks in high pace environment.
To apply for this role, please submit your up to date CV.
Rotork is the market-leading global flow control and instrumentation company, helping our customers manage the flow of liquids, gases and powders across many industries worldwide.
Our purpose is Keeping the World Flowing for Future Generations.
For over sixty years, the world has relied on us to create the things that keep everything moving. From oil and gas to water and shipping, pharmaceuticals and food- these are the flows on which our modern world depends.
Today we're respected and admired for our people, performance and products. Our success flows from our commitment to engineering excellence, and that's what we will always pursue, safely and sustainably.
Rotork is going through an exciting period of change and growth, building on our existing market success. It's a great time to join us and make an impact in shaping the future of our business.
Rotork do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies who are not part of our preferred supplier list and we reserve the right to contact candidates directly without paying agency fees.