- Reports To: Supply Chain Manager
- Location: Rochester, NY
- Job Type: Full Time
- Area Of Interest: Purchasing
- Contact: Andreina Ramirez (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Buyer, which will be reporting to the Supply Chain Manager is responsible for the procurement, by selecting and purchasing quality products and services for Rotork.
An ideal candidate in this role will have a high degree of analytics, excellent negotiating skills and collaboration with personnel from various departments to ensure both daily production operations and long term strategic initiatives are supported.
Purchasing, expediting, supplier management, and other supply chain duties are key factors someone in this role will need prior experience with.
- Ensure all purchase orders are processed in accordance with approved policies and procedures for the all areas
- Responsible for the initial communication with suppliers where an expedited delivery is required
- Ensure that all PO’s are updated with accurate dates that reflect what our vendors have initially committed to. If a supplier’s delivery date changes, ensure our PO’s are updated accordingly
- Provide support to Contracts with lead-time information to enable them to appropriately handle customer enquiries
The Successful Candidate
- Communicates with all stakeholders i.e. Contracts, Service in feeding back suppliers initial commitments, where known
- Uses tools such as Microsoft AX, Excel to track the status of projects
- Expedites orders where appropriate, liaising between Rotork factories, suppliers and internal teams
To apply for this role, please submit your up to date CV.
Rotork is the market-leading global flow control and instrumentation company, helping our customers manage the flow of liquids, gases and powders across many industries worldwide.
Our purpose is Keeping the World Flowing for Future Generations.
For over sixty years, the world has relied on us to create the things that keep everything moving. From oil and gas to water and shipping, pharmaceuticals and food- these are the flows on which our modern world depends.
Today we're respected and admired for our people, performance and products. Our success flows from our commitment to engineering excellence, and that's what we will always pursue, safely and sustainably.
Rotork is going through an exciting period of change and growth, building on our existing market success. It's a great time to join us and make an impact in shaping the future of our business.
Rotork do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies who are not part of our preferred supplier list and we reserve the right to contact candidates directly without paying agency fees.