|Closing Date:||23rd June 2019|
|Reports To:||Finance Director|
Rotork have opportunity for an Cost Accountant within the Bifold business unit. Bifold is a world class leader in instruments and control solutions for the oil & gas, energy and industrial market.
You will be providing support the Finance Director internally and be the main contact within the Bifold group for ownership and control of meaningful reporting of all areas related to cost of sales. You will take ownership of the cost accounting system.
You will be expected to provide high-level analysis and reporting of actual manufacturing costs against standard costs, and collaboratively working with stakeholders to improve business performance to maximise profit.
|Location:||Chadderton, Greater Manchester, UK|
|Rotork Office:||UK - Chadderton - Bifold|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Area Of Interest:||Accounts|
- Implement real standard costing system
- Create live data system to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labour at product line
- Develop variance reporting system to report of monthly manufacturing variances including improved labour efficiency reporting
- Design accurate and meaningful PPV reporting
- Record actual -v- standard cost information for use in controlling expenditures - providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products
- Work with quote team to support quoting function with relevant costs
- Develop meaningful and timely customer and product profitability reporting
- Full cost of sales monthly reconciliations
- Ability to work closely with Operations teams to reduce in-house adverse variances
- Work with sales teams to understand and improve margin control at order stage
- Create product pricing schedules and tracker for new products – Analyse proposed changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost
- Implement improved stock valuation and provision processes across both sites
- Review and own the monthly excess and obsolete provision with monthly management review
- Stock variance investigations (scrap analyses etc)
- Review and ensure full RGAPP and GAG compliance in all COS/Stock areas
- Conducts physical inventory count alongside operations and monitors and improves system to work towards a full cycle count program
- Good understanding and previous experience of standard costing within a manufacturing environment
- Highly IT literate – understanding of SQL, ODBC links, Advanced excel would be a significant advantage
- Preferably CIMA
- Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
Please send fully up to date CV and full letter of application, stating how your skills and experience match the job requirements.
Rotork do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies who are not part of our preferred supplier list and we reserve the right to contact candidates directly without paying agency fees.