- Closing Date: 9th September 2022
- Reports To: Regional Financial Controller
- Location: Rochester, New York
- Job Type: Full Time
- Area Of Interest: Finance
- Contact: Rotork Recruitment (Rotork.Recruitment@Rotork.com)
This role is responsible for managing and overseeing a broad range of complex and difficult cost accounting assignments in order to make recommendations and implement changes in cost accounting methods and procedures.
Monitor and review material costing to provide analysis for manufacturing management decision making process. Analyze and maintain the accuracy of product costs for inventory valuation and for establishing an accurate cost of goods.
- Must be highly proficient in Access databases and higher functions of Excel’s analysis tools
- Performs calculation of standard costs, rates and/or costing standards and analyze impacts in the product cost
- Analyzes actual costs versus standard and average costs, prepares variance reports and proposes adjustments
- Prepares monthly margin analyses by reviewing and analyzing inventory, conducting research on Bills of Materials (BOM’s) and Manufacturing Orders
- Reconcile inventory accounts monthly and fulfill all related reporting requirements
- Work cross-functionally with Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Planning, Project Management, and Engineering to complete all job responsibilities on a timely basis
The Successful Candidate
- Provide weekly and monthly reporting on inventory balances
- Monitor and update unit costs for all items in inventory
- Work with Engineering, Production and Sales to ensure BOM are up to date and accurate. Partner with them to generate updated procedures to ensure the accuracy of inventory and costs
- Work with Operations to eradicate negative and no location inventories
- Perform month closing activities related to inventory and CoGS
- Support Plant Controller in Quarterly and Annual Forecasts with analysis of product sales and materials costs
- Experience in cost accounting in a large manufacturing environment
- Experience with a mix of costing disciplines including Actual and Job costing
To apply for this role, please submit your up to date CV.
Rotork is the market-leading global flow control and instrumentation company, helping our customers manage the flow of liquids, gases and powders across many industries worldwide.
Our purpose is Keeping the World Flowing for Future Generations.
For over sixty years, the world has relied on us to create the things that keep everything moving. From oil and gas to water and shipping, pharmaceuticals and food- these are the flows on which our modern world depends.
Today we're respected and admired for our people, performance and products. Our success flows from our commitment to engineering excellence, and that's what we will always pursue, safely and sustainably.
Rotork is going through an exciting period of change and growth, building on our existing market success. It's a great time to join us and make an impact in shaping the future of our business.
Rotork do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies who are not part of our preferred supplier list and we reserve the right to contact candidates directly without paying agency fees.