|Closing Date:||4th December 2019|
|Reports To:||Operations Manager|
Founded in 1957, Rotork is the worldwide market-leading solution provider for the actuation, flow control and industrial markets. We have over 3,800 talented employees who work across a global network of local offices and established manufacturing facilities to provide a world-class service to our customers. Our products and services are used extensively in the oil and gas, power, water and industrial markets around the world to improve efficiency, assure safety and protect the environment.
About the Position
The Engineering Draftsperson, reporting to the Operations Manager, is responsible for the design of adaptions and the creation of job specific and bid package drawings required for Retrofit and Factory Fit orders, based in Edmonton but providing support for the whole of Canada. Supporting the Sales, Operations and Service teams, this position will require technical engineering experience in industrially engineered products.
|Rotork Office:||Canada - Edmonton - Rotork Controls (Canada) Ltd - Edmonton|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Area Of Interest:||Engineering|
- Work with the Document Control Coordinator and Contracts team members to ensure drawings (e.g. composites, schematics etc.) are provided error free in time to meet the requested VDDR date; with specific responsibility to produce such drawings.
- Assist the Document Control Coordinator where necessary by giving input into the creation of documents such as Inspection and Test plans.
- Support the Lead Hand and assembly technicians when questions arise on factory fit jobs.
- Support the Sales team with drawings and information prior to the quote stage where requested. Conceptual 3D drawings may enhance the Sales team’s presentation on projects.
- Manage a library of design drawings and information that is accessible to other engineers to use.
- Provide general VDDR support to the Operations department when the Document Control Coordinator is on vacation.
- Measure incoming purchased and customer free-issued valves to verify connection details.
- Uses sound mechanical principles to design adaptions for Factory Fit and Retrofit applications. Ensuring the final design is fit for long term use.
- Produces suitable drawings for machine shop, production, installation and customer use. In all cases the drawings will present a professional image to the user and be completed using the latest versions of AutoCAD and/or Solid Edge software.
- Conduct thorough inspections of incoming adaptions using the standard Checklist document.
Functional/ Technical Competencies:
- SolidEdge/SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- CET or other similar mechanical engineering tecnology certification
- Valve automation experience, or similar industrially engineering products
- Customer service mentality
- Ability to visit sites in conjunction with the Sales team
- Strong organizational skills and highly detail oriented
To apply for this role, please submit your up to date CV.
Rotork do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies who are not part of our preferred supplier list and we reserve the right to contact candidates directly without paying agency fees.