|Closing Date:||28th December 2019|
|Reports To:||Financial Controller|
Founded in 1957, Rotork is the worldwide market-leading solution provider for the actuation, flow control and industrial markets. We have over 3,800 talented employees who work across a global network of local offices and established manufacturing facilities to provide a world-class service to our customers. Our products and services are used extensively in the oil and gas, power, water and industrial markets around the world to improve efficiency, assure safety and protect the environment.
The Factory Controller is responsible for all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as compliance with internal control policies and procedures. Controller responsibilities will also include financial risk management and will work closely with and support the Plant Manager. This position will provide visibility around costs related to the plant processes through the driving of relevant analysis and reporting (monitoring/updating of the forecast and controlling spend to ensure savings targets are achieved), as well as to ensure adherence to financial legal requirements and Rotork Accounting policies and procedures.
|Rotork Office:||USA - Rochester - Rotork Controls Inc.|
|Area Of Interest:||Accounts|
Manage day to day finance matters including but not limited to invoicing, A/R, A/P, G/L, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting, Revenue Recognition and Payroll
Prepare and publish timely monthly management accounts in line with reporting deadlines
Identify opportunities to continuously improve lean manufacturing processes through insightful performance analysis
Develop, control and ensure robust evaluations of capital investment plans and requests
Ensuring good financial control and understanding the risks associated with balance sheet assets and liabilities
Coaching and developing the factory finance personnel as individuals and as a team, including career and succession planning
Participate and lead in the monthly performance review with the management team
Assisting Operations Managers in understanding financial results and developing plans/strategies for bringing results back to forecasted and/or budgeted levels
Promote the understanding of key financial metrics and costs within the factory, including organizing training sessions for non-specialists
Control, Governance and compliance
- Responsibility for sales/use tax compliance
- Manage and complete year end close process for IFRS Group reporting and local GAAP Statutory reporting
- Coordinate and be key contact for internal and external audits
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Quarterly forecasting of sales, manufacturing costs, EBIT, working capital and significant risk and opportunities
- Participate and lead in the annual budget process detailing sales, manufacturing costs, EBIT, working capital and other significant metrics
Functional/ Technical Competencies:
- Minimum 7+ years accounting or finance experience
- Hold a degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent finance focused subject and/or Hold a professional finance qualification (CMA preferred / CPA)
- Understands risk management
- Ability to progress business practices to reduce risk whilst improving performance levels
- Experience of a standard costing environment and/or accounting for Lean Manufacturing
- Managed the financial impact and outcomes of a variety of business or commercial issues.
- Demonstrated the ability to review financial areas and identify control weaknesses suggesting actions for improvement
- Proven leadership experience with direct and indirect reporting relationships
- Advanced Excel
- Use of ERP systems (Microsoft Dynamics / D365 highly preferred)
- Familiar with financial consolidation tools (SAP BPC, Hyperion)
To apply for this role, please submit your up to date CV.
Rotork do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies who are not part of our preferred supplier list and we reserve the right to contact candidates directly without paying agency fees.