Field Service Supervisor
|Closing Date:||30th April 2020|
|Reports To:||Service Manager|
Founded in 1957, Rotork is the worldwide market-leading solution provider for the actuation, flow control and industrial markets. We have over 3,800 talented employees who work across a global network of local offices and established manufacturing facilities. Our products and services are used extensively in the oil and gas, power, water and industrial markets around the world to improve efficiency, assure safety and protect the environment.
About the Position
The Field Service Supervisor is a working supervisor responsible for delivering a first class field service to Rotork clients through the management and development of Field Service Technicians. Approximately 30% of the position requires direct supervision/management, development and compliance of the Field Service Technicians. The balance of the time (~70%) will be fulfilling day to day field service responsibilities: install, commission, inspect, maintain and repair actuators and associated equipment in customer’s plant/site. The role is predominantly site based requiring frequent travel (up to 75%) to provide prompt and effective service to meet the needs of our customers. This position will work in end user’s plant primarily in the Water and Waste Water, Power Generation, Petrochemical, Offshore and Onshore Oil and Gas Industries, meeting the client’s site rules, regulations and working hours.
|Rotork Office:||USA - Milwaukee - Rotork Controls Inc.|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Area Of Interest:||Service|
- Supervise / Manage team of Field Service Technicians
- Ensures that Field Service Technicians comply with all Rotork health and safety policies and procedures
- Performs annual safety audits for Field Service Technicians.
- Assist with the creation and execution of team and individual development plans (technical and soft skills).
- Lead, manage and motivate the team through performance reviews, to ensure maximum accuracy, efficiency and utility. Ensures individual FSE and team KPIs met.
- Drive utilization to meet corporate expectations while controlling overtime.
- Team leader for complex or high profile client issues
- Monthly reporting requirements (Sales opportunities, Project updates, HSE, FSE / territorial updates).
- Assist Service Coordinator’s with scheduling as required to ensure proper support of the client base.
- Work with sales to develop, execute and deliver regional sales goals. And those of the Field Service Team.
Field Service Responsibilities
- Travel as required to customer sites, maintaining a log of working times and travel.
- Identify faults, repair, test/commission, modify/upgrade actuators in the field.
- Carry out inspections/health checks and preventative maintenance work on Rotork or other brand actuators.
- Carry out mechanical, (sometimes electrical if within the scope of the work and qualifications of the position holder) installation of actuators and associated retrofit adaption components, pedestals and drive shafts.
- Complete site visit reports for each job, which are accurate and technically/grammatically correct, whilst at worksite.
- Carry out detailed valve surveys collecting mechanical data and dimensions accurately to enable the correct actuator sizing and manufacture of a retrofit adaption components
- Provide basic commissioning, operator and maintenance training to customers as required.
- Promote the capabilities of Rotork and Rotork Site Services identifying opportunities for the sale of retrofit, spare parts, repair services and maintenance contracts.
- Maintain inventory of commonly used parts, tools and other issued equipment.
- Ability to supervise and lead a team to meet company objectives. (Skilled and experienced people manager).
- High level of self-motivation, independence and self-reliance.
- A willingness and ability to travel as required.
Ability to communicate and present effectively to individuals and small groups of people.
- Technical experience and relevant knowledge of valves, actuators and digital control systems.
- Technical knowledge acquired by a recognized electrical or mechanical engineering qualification/apprenticeship or equivalent industry experience in a field based role.
- Good understanding of basic electronics, electrical and fluid power theories.
Experience of working in a practical engineering environment.
- Ability to read and understand electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic schematic drawings.
- Ability to use a range of common test and calibration instruments.
Ability to think logically to troubleshoot electrical, electronic and mechanical problems.
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently and maintain a clean driving license.
To apply for this role, please submit your up to date CV.
Rotork do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies who are not part of our preferred supplier list and we reserve the right to contact candidates directly without paying agency fees.