Rotork Office: Italy - Bergamo - Soldo Srl
- Closing Date: 12th March 2021
- Reports To: Plant Manager
- Location: Bergamo (Italy)
- Area Of Interest: Operations
- Contact: Francesca Ridolfini (email@example.com)
Following the guidance of the Regional HSE Manager, and reporting directly to the Plant Manager, he/she is responsible for all HSE activities at the Rotork site in Bergamo.
The HSE Engineer supports the employer and the local management team as a leader and motivator in introducing and facilitating an effective HSE culture and action across the site.
Conduct internal Audits and HSE walks, problem solving investigation and KPI reporting activities, as required by Company management.
Prepare and deploy business improvement and correction plans
The role reports directly to the Plant Manager and his/her key areas of responsibility include:
- Keep constantly updated, identifying improvement opportunities in the Environment, Health and Safety Management System - certified against ISO14001:2015 and ISO45001:2018 - which contains the procedures applicable in the company and the recording systems and keeps the critical processes under control
- Ensure the implementation of environmental, health and safety regulations
- Support all senior managers to embed safety and an environmental friendly attitude into their everyday activities, cascading this to all levels. Become the advocate and point of contact for HSE advice
- Identify critical processes for the environment, safety and health at work, identify hazards, estimate risks and evaluate them according to the criteria established by the employer and research/study/design the most appropriate prevention, protection and control measures, with collaboration of the management.
- Assist senior managers in the analysis of accidents, near misses, safety spots and environmental accidents and document the results.
- Guarantee the appropriate registration of the EHS training, both provided by external bodies and internally as training on-the-job
- Proactively contribute to the daily management meeting of the site providing HSE data, RCA and RCCM’s,
- Keep the list of chemicals used in the company under control and constantly updated, ensuring for each change the appropriate info-training for the operators concerned
- Guarantee compliance of the manufactured product with the last release of REACH RoSH and Conflict minerals directives
- Purchase and manage PPE stock for the site.
- Work in a team environment to develop and implement the Rotork Lean methodologies that emphasise reduction in waste and provide for continuous improvements in HSE area
- Conduct internal audits and HSE walks to confirm adherence and identification of areas for further enhancement
- Conduct problem solving investigation by accident\incident\near miss investigation and KPI reporting activities, as required by Company management
- Prepare and deploy business improvement and correction plans (as appropriate)
- Design, implement and document, in collaboration with the management team, the prevention and protection measures for the health and safety of people and the environment
- Become active in NPD, FMEA
Functional/ Technical Competencies:
The incumbent must be able to demonstrate 3-5 years practical knowledge of:
- Preferably registered Lead \ Internal Auditor in Safety & Environmental in accordance to ISO45001 a/o ISO 14001
- Ideally an educated individual in an Engineering related subject or equivalent experience, and practical knowledge of managing an integrated management system
- A good working knowledge of MS Office with advanced skills in MS Excel advantageous
- Manage an Integrated Business Management System to add value to the business
- Ability to analyse data and generate measures or reports to support decision-making
- Support maintenance activities by reviewing sub-contract Safe Systems of Work, with associated RAMS (Risk Assessment Method Statements) documents, to ensure that safety and environmental requirements are maintained throughout any maintenance or scheduled tasks
- Driven self-starter with the ability to take ownership, plan and react effectively
- Tenacious, confident, articulate, flexible and communicative at all levels of an organisation
- Data literate, analytical and process driven, preferably with some process mapping exposure
- An ability to work under pressure and deliver effective change within the business
- Beneficial personality traits in balanced measure would include; meticulous, consistent, contextual, approachable, trustworthy, flexible, creative and inclusive
- Fluent English required
To apply for this role, please submit your up to date CV.
Rotork do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies who are not part of our preferred supplier list and we reserve the right to contact candidates directly without paying agency fees.