Inside Service Technician
|Closing Date:||30th September 2019|
|Reports To:||Service Manager|
The Inside Service/Production Technician, reporting to the Service Supervisor, is responsible to provide prompt and effective service on customer owned actuators returned for assessment and repair. The Technician will also work as part of the Production team, and dependent on workload may be asked to perform site visits on field repairs.
|Location:||USA - Houston|
|Rotork Office:||USA - Houston - Rotork Controls Inc.|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Area Of Interest:||Service|
- Basic maintenance, repair, and testing of electric and fluid power actuators, gearboxes, and valve actuation for in house service jobs.
- Assist Service Coordinator in generating, maintaining, and closing of in house service tickets. If the work is to be performed by another technician the in house technician will ensure accuracy of notes, and will ensure the job is finished in timely detailed manner.
- Provide appropriate feedback to the customer to include acknowledgement that the actuator has been received and a time frame for evaluation to be completed.
- Provide quotations to customers for in house service jobs.
- Provide technical assistance as needed to customers for actuator issues.
- Raise NCR’s and communicate with Q/C department, Engineering, for warranty related issues as needed.
- Help the shipping and receiving department prepare inbound/outbound of goods.
- Communicate as needed with Area Sales Managers (ASM) on quotations and orders.
- Maintain clean organized shop area.
- Responsible for shop service tools, assist in maintaining calibration of safety equipment and tools.
- Assist in the recycling oil, and electrical parts program and preventative maintenance of parts washer.
- Responsible for inventory control, identification/submittal of purchase request of parts needed for replenishment, and fulfillment of customer order.
- Available for field service work as needed. (Assist other technicians, basic service jobs, PM’s, etc.).
- Strong customer orientation / customer service skills• Have a valid driver’s license and passport (or ability to get one).
- Ability to work independently and sometimes under pressure.
- Ability to lift 100 lbs
Functional/ Technical Competencies:
- Education o Minimum 2 Year Technical Degree (AOS, AAS or equivalent) and/or 3 years experience with an Electrical and Mechanical background to include ▪ Ability to interpret electrical wiring diagrams and conduct failure analysis of mechanical components and repair/service electro-mechanical products.
- Strong mechanical and technical aptitude
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair, and service technical equipment
- Basic working knowledge of MS Office applications and other related software
To apply for this role, please submit your up to date CV.
Rotork do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies who are not part of our preferred supplier list and we reserve the right to contact candidates directly without paying agency fees.