Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Rotork Office: UK - Bath - Rotork Controls Limited
- Closing Date: 12th March 2021
- Reports To: Plant Manager
- Location: Bath, UK
- Job Type: Full Time
- Area Of Interest: Production
- Contact: Yoshi Danily (Rotork.Recruitment@rotork.com)
We have an opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager to join us in our Bath factory on a fixed term contract until the end of December 2021.
During this period you’ll be the functional leader in the manufacturing engineering team and work closely with our operations teams within the factory on a variety of projects including a number of new product developments, supporting the D365 implementation on site and several site layout and continuous improvement projects.
As the Manufacturing Engineering Manager you’ll:
- Take responsibility in maintaining existing production processes to the established level of safety, quality, cost and delivery. Solving problems as they occur
- Work in project teams to design and implement production processes for new products. Interpreting product specification and engineering requirements. Working to a project plan and budget
- Work with production teams to continually improve existing production processes by challenging existing paradigms
- Design implement and document new innovative processes for shop floor and office working. Delivering clear measurable benefits to cost, quality, environmental and health & safety metrics. Also ensuring compliance with external regulatory bodies
- Take part in audits of company activities
- Provide technical support for maintaining process instructions and documentation control
- Actively assist in problem investigation and resolution
- Raising capital applications and managing large project implementation plans
The successful candidate will likely have:
- Experience of manufacturing engineering leadership for a business manufacturing configured engineered products
- A detailed understanding of processes within Manufacturing and between Manufacturing and Engineering
- Experience in operations process development and change leadership
- Knowledge of Lean / continuous improvement tools and techniques
- Experience of engineering packages such as Solid Edge and LabVIEW
- Knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and application within manufacturing
- The ability to engage, inspire and motivate teams and manage multiple stakeholders
Rotork is the market-leading global flow control and instrumentation company, helping our customers manage the flow or liquids, gases and powders across many industries worldwide. Our purpose is Keeping the World Flowing for Future Generations. Rotork is going through an exciting period of change and growth, building on our existing market leadership. It's a great time to join us and make an impact in shaping the future of our business.
To apply for this role, please submit your up to date CV.
Rotork do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies who are not part of our preferred supplier list and we reserve the right to contact candidates directly without paying agency fees.