Mechanical Design/Manufacturing Engineer
|Closing Date:||31st January 2020|
|Reports To:||Engineering Manager|
Founded in 1957, Rotork is the worldwide market-leading solution provided for the actuation, flow control and industrial markets. We have over 3,800 talented employees who work across a global network of local offices and established manufacturing facilities to provide a world-class service to our customers. Our products and services are used extensively in the oil and gas, power, and industrial markets around the world to improve efficiency, assure safety and protect the environment.
About the Position
The Mechanical Design/Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for product sustainment and cost reduction efforts. This process includes using DFM, FMEA, FEA tools to meet the product and manufacturing requirements as designed. Additionally, the individual will have responsibilities around global sourcing of product components from vendors. Lastly, this individual will have direct input into the manufacturing/build/test process as the units are assembled.
|Rotork Office:||USA - Milwaukee - Rotork Controls Inc.|
|Area Of Interest:||Engineering|
- Provide engineering support for current products as a result of manufacturing, vendor, or component issues.
- Support and/or drive the PAPP process when component or process changes require requalification of production parts.
- Provide engineering support for current products in the form of product improvement and cost reduction efforts.
- Execute engineering change orders in accordance with the design specification.
- Ensure the integrity of product changes/enhancements, through:
- Technical Design Calculations
- Material Research and Awareness of Modern Production Techniques
- Liaison with Rotork’s suppliers
- Cost Effectiveness
- Produce all necessary production and assembly drawings using the 3D modeling and 2D drawing CAD system from which components are to be produced.
- Undertake visits to global customers, suppliers, consultants, subsidiaries, licensees and associated companies.
- Provide Manufacturing engineering component of product release and sustainment. This includes the development of the production process, production tooling, and working
- with vendors to ensure their processes support the design intent.
- Provide technical back-up to the sales, service, production, purchasing and quality assurance departments.
- Participate in design reviews of new products.
- Ensure that all production drawings, lists of parts, etc. are maintained to the latest modification standard and that modification and introduction reports are produced as appropriate.
- Responsible for the test and validation of changes implemented through cost and product improvement activities.
Functional/ Technical Competencies:
- Degreed Mechanical Engineer
- 3 years of product and manufacturing support.
- Understanding of Lean manufacturing and its application on design, manufacturing, and assembly process.
- Experience leading defined projects as it relates to product improvement and cost reductions.
Possess experience of the full range of the design process, from conceptual design and product release to manufacture through to manufacture.
- Casting and molding design knowledge, as well as mechanism and gear analysis and modern production machinery equipment and techniques.
- Possess the ability to produce design validation calculations, such as stress and load calculations.
- 3D modeling software experience, (Solid Edge preferred) and FEA software
To apply for this role, please submit your up to date CV.
Rotork do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies who are not part of our preferred supplier list and we reserve the right to contact candidates directly without paying agency fees.