- Reports To: Engineering Team Leader
- Location: Milwaukee, WI
- Job Type: Full Time
- Area Of Interest: Engineering
- Contact: Andreina Ramirez (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for product development, product sustainment and cost reduction efforts across the Rotork Milwaukee product range.
Reporting to the Engineering Team Lead, this person will work on the engineering process using DFM, FMEA, FEA tools to meet the product and manufacturing requirements as designed.
This exciting opportunity will have responsibilities around global sourcing of product components from vendors located in Europe and the Far East, along with direct input into the manufacturing/build/test process as the units are assembled.
- Degreed Mechanical Engineer with 2 years of product and manufacturing support.
- Understand Lean manufacturing principles/philosophies and how they apply to both the design, manufacture, and assembly process.
- Experience leading defined projects as it relates to product improvement and cost reductions.
- Experience in plant floor layout with a focus on one piece flow and how the assembly process integrates into the manufacturing planning function.
- Working proficiency with 3D modeling software, (Solid Edge preferred), FEA software and its capabilities, data/drawing management systems, and Microsoft Office.
- Experience of full range of the design process, from conceptual design and product release to manufacture through to manufacture.
The Successful Candidate
- Knowledge of casting and molding design, mechanism and gear analysis and modern production machinery equipment and techniques.
- Ability to produce design validation calculations, such as stress and load calculations.
- Produce designs in accordance with the design specification through technical innovation.
- Provide engineering support for current products as a result of manufacturing, vendor, or component issues.
To apply for this role, please submit your up to date CV.
Rotork is the market-leading global flow control and instrumentation company, helping our customers manage the flow of liquids, gases and powders across many industries worldwide.
Our purpose is Keeping the World Flowing for Future Generations.
For over sixty years, the world has relied on us to create the things that keep everything moving. From oil and gas to water and shipping, pharmaceuticals and food- these are the flows on which our modern world depends.
Today we're respected and admired for our people, performance and products. Our success flows from our commitment to engineering excellence, and that's what we will always pursue, safely and sustainably.
Rotork is going through an exciting period of change and growth, building on our existing market success. It's a great time to join us and make an impact in shaping the future of our business.
Rotork do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies who are not part of our preferred supplier list and we reserve the right to contact candidates directly without paying agency fees.