- Reports To: Production Team Leader
- Location: Bath
- Job Type: Full Time
- Area Of Interest: Production
- Contact: Mitch Prosser (Rotork.Recruitment@rotork.com)
To play a proactive role in supporting the paint plant Team Leader, ensuring that work is delivered on time, within budget and to the highest quality standard.
- To ensure Paint, Blast, Pre Wash and Quality standards are maintained
- To ensure paint shop processes and procedures are maintained including EPA requirements
- Ensure all Health and Safety requirements are adhered to at all times
- Take a proactive lead in continuous improvements to include lean and 5S procedures
- Ensure equipment and tooling required is available and maintained
- Assist the Team Leader with paint shop performance and Key Performance Indicators
- Ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed at time of work
- Ensure high standards of housekeeping
- Requisitioning paint and materials for shop floor
- Timely responses to inspection reports
- Highlight any abnormalities to the team leader
- Carry out daily tasks related to the paint process
- Assist in other areas if trained to do so
The Successful Candidate
- City and Guilds Apprenticeship (or equivalent) in Paint Spraying
- City and Guilds Apprenticeship (or equivalent) in Shot blasting
- NACE or ICORR level 1, 2 or 3 would be advantageous
- I.O.S.H. Qualification in Risk assessing (desirable)
- Substantial experience in paint spraying, shot blasting in an automated paint plant
- Consistent proven application to related tasks with a strong positive attitude
- Understanding of policies and procedures required to operate safely within a paint plant environment
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing and 5s techniques
- Awareness of Health and Safety, Fire and Environmental Policies
- Competent skills in the use of all types of spray equipment and shot blasting
- Understanding of paint methods and processes
- Competent understanding of paint products and systems
- Understand planning methods and skills.
- Good written and verbal skills
- Ability to interact with all members of the team and possible customer interface
- Excellent understanding of both verbal and written English language
- Enthusiastic to learn new skills
- Flexible in approach e.g. be prepared to work in different areas of production, when required
- Flexible to work overtime in order to share heavy workloads when required in order to meet fulfillment of customer orders
- Excellent team player - must respect Company rules and values. Must respect others and work well within the Team
To apply for this role, please submit your up to date CV.
Rotork is the market-leading global flow control and instrumentation company, helping our customers manage the flow of liquids, gases and powders across many industries worldwide.
Our purpose is Keeping the World Flowing for Future Generations.
For over sixty years, the world has relied on us to create the things that keep everything moving. From oil and gas to water and shipping, pharmaceuticals and food- these are the flows on which our modern world depends.
Today we're respected and admired for our people, performance and products. Our success flows from our commitment to engineering excellence, and that's what we will always pursue, safely and sustainably.
Rotork is going through an exciting period of change and growth, building on our existing market success. It's a great time to join us and make an impact in shaping the future of our business.
Rotork do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies who are not part of our preferred supplier list and we reserve the right to contact candidates directly without paying agency fees.