Product Manager, Controls & Automation
Rotork Office: UK - Bath - Rotork Controls Limited, USA - Rochester - Rotork Controls Inc., USA - Houston - Rotork Controls Inc., USA - Winston-Salem - Rotork Fairchild Industrial Products Co
- Closing Date: 31st August 2021
- Reports To: Head of Product Management
- Location: Bath (UK); Houston, Winston-Salem, Rochester (USA)
- Job Type: Full Time
- Area Of Interest: Sales & Marketing
- Contact: Jack Nicholls (Jack@arcaresourcing.com)
As the market leader in intelligent valve actuation and flow control, Rotork is uniquely positioned to provide its customers with intelligent asset management through product connectivity, to improve operational uptime and reduce total cost of ownership.
The Product Manager for Controls & Automation is accountable for the leadership and growth of Rotork digital products over their full lifecycle, from voice-of-customer and ideation, to end-of-life planning and obsolescence.
The role reports into the Head of Product Management, and sits within the Rotork Strategy function. This is a strategic role, with a need to demonstrably maximise revenue and margin tied to the product line, partly by identifying both technological and commercial opportunities to grow and differentiate in the target markets.
We are a growing and changing company, with global scale and a huge installed base all over the world. This role will manage a key product area for Rotork that will have significant impact across the business.
We’re looking for:
- Previous product management experience
- Demonstrated ability to understand customer needs (customer voice) and develop competitive strategies and plans
- A broad understanding of either Oil and Gas / Power and Water / Process, Chemicals and Industrials markets
- Deep understanding of industrial communication networks and protocols including wireless, and architecture needs to enable IoT/connectivity
- Knowledge of automation systems such as DCS, PLC and data interfaces such as SCADA, HMI, etc
- Understanding of instruments, sensors and field devices and their fit in a broader control ecosystem
- Familiarity with data storage / retrieval and requirements for analytics, end-user software and mobile app
- Proven ability to work with key clients and potential clients
- Ability to engage and build stakeholders in all functions of the business at all levels
- Customer Service - present a positive image to internal and external customers and demonstrate commitment to resolving customer issues
To apply for this role, please submit your up to date CV.
Rotork do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies who are not part of our preferred supplier list and we reserve the right to contact candidates directly without paying agency fees.