- Reports To: Sector Manager & Country Leader
- Location: Edmonton, Canada
- Job Type: Full Time
- Area Of Interest: Quality
- Contact: Andreina Ramirez (email@example.com)
This QHSE Manager is responsible for coordinating health and safety and quality related activities within the organization with a strong emphasis on driving the company towards consistent performance in all locations.
This role has the opportunity to work independently with a great deal of autonomy, with experience of a safety professional with a strong knowledge of industry standards and best practices.
The QHSE Manager will will report to the Country Manager Manager and work closely with the local Operations Manager(s) and HR, as well as regional and global HSE/Quality team members.
This role will require travel within Canada will be required, including office and site visits, as well as occasional travel to other locations.
- 5+ years working in an independent Health & Safety role; additional Quality experience preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of HSE & Quality regulations and best practices, including COR, ISO and relevant provincial safety legislation
- Working knowledge of quality management systems, familiarity with Lean manufacturing
- Proficient user of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Vizio
Valid passport,driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Willingness and ability to travel across Canada on a regular basis (<20%); limited international travel may be required
The Successful Candidate
- Strive to build a safety-focused culture in the company with a focus on continual improvement
- Responsible for highlighting any health, safety, environment or energy concerns and opportunities for improvement to the Operations Manager Rotork Canada for follow up and possible action
- Demonstrated leadership qualities with a track record of dealing successfully with internal and external customers
- Professional safety designation preferred; NCSO or CRSP , HSE diploma/certificate preferred
- Strong organizational, time management and problem solving skills
- Sound interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with management and all other employees
- Highly effective communication skills with the demonstrated ability to run meetings effectively
To apply for this role, please submit your up to date CV.
Rotork is the market-leading global flow control and instrumentation company, helping our customers manage the flow of liquids, gases and powders across many industries worldwide.
Our purpose is Keeping the World Flowing for Future Generations.
For over sixty years, the world has relied on us to create the things that keep everything moving. From oil and gas to water and shipping, pharmaceuticals and food- these are the flows on which our modern world depends.
Today we're respected and admired for our people, performance and products. Our success flows from our commitment to engineering excellence, and that's what we will always pursue, safely and sustainably.
Rotork is going through an exciting period of change and growth, building on our existing market success. It's a great time to join us and make an impact in shaping the future of our business.
Rotork do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies who are not part of our preferred supplier list and we reserve the right to contact candidates directly without paying agency fees.