- Closing Date: 9th September 2022
- Reports To: Plant Manager
- Location: Wolverhampton
- Job Type: Full Time
- Area Of Interest: Operations
- Contact: Tracy Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Following the guidance of the Regional Quality and HSE teams this person will be the driving force in implementing a zero accident safety culture and continuous improvement support and enable the growth, maturity and robustness of the certified and integrated management system in their factory location. They will have specific responsibilities as defined below but will also be seen as the customers champion, and will control the QHSE requirement for the introduction of new products, develop structures and analysis to improve existing and future manufacturing QHSE outcomes.
Key Responsibilities and Outcomes:
- Ensure full compliance with HSE legislation and best practices, through maintaining an effective management system that meets the requirements of ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO45001 and business needs.
- Ensure that safe systems of work are established for routine and non-routine activities and that there is an effective change management process.
- Ensure accidents are reported and investigated to determine root cause(es) and actions to prevent recurrence. Where necessary to report to the HSE (RIDDOR).
- Provide QHSE overview for team members and provide input into performance evaluations
- Ensure that Operations and QHSE expectations are translated into requirements that are delivered by the new product introduction process
- Taking responsibility for QHSE KPI’s and related RCA/RCCM’s, including taking the lead by responding directly to non-conformance reports (NCRs) from customers
- Development and maintenance of online, intranet or SharePoint based systems to provide access to QHSE documentation.
- Preparation and maintenance of an easy to use QHSE summary/matrix for distribution to customers and external auditors.
- Preparing and coordinating second and third party audits including closure of findings.
- Planning, scheduling and corrective action follow up of internal audit programme, as well as conducting internal audits
- Proactively communicating with other Rotork Factories or businesses in the resolution of product NCR’s
- Initiation and implementation of corrective actions and continual improvement
- Uses prescribed guidance or policies to analyse and resolve problems
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
- 3-5 years’ experience in a QHSE role
- NEBOSH Certificate in OH&S
- Minimum technical education Diploma, or HNC/HND/Degree in an engineering discipline
- Comprehensive understanding of QHSE standards and their implementation in an engineering/ manufacturing organisation
- Customer liaison on product quality or QHSE issues
- NEBOSH Diploma in OH&S
- Lead auditor qualification
- Knowledge of Pressure and/or Hazardous Area environments and their regulatory quality requirements would be advantageous
- Good IT skills (Microsoft Office suite, and possibly Microsoft Dynamics 365)
The Successful Candidate
- Approachable personality able to motivate and influence people at all levels
- Ability to work as part of a team but also able to work alone
- Ability to manage several projects at the same time
- A positive and flexible approach to working time and travel
- A self-motivated, professional and confident attitude
- The ability to pay attention to detail
To apply for this role, please submit your up to date CV.
Rotork is the market-leading global flow control and instrumentation company, helping our customers manage the flow of liquids, gases and powders across many industries worldwide.
Our purpose is Keeping the World Flowing for Future Generations.
For over sixty years, the world has relied on us to create the things that keep everything moving. From oil and gas to water and shipping, pharmaceuticals and food- these are the flows on which our modern world depends.
Today we're respected and admired for our people, performance and products. Our success flows from our commitment to engineering excellence, and that's what we will always pursue, safely and sustainably.
Rotork is going through an exciting period of change and growth, building on our existing market success. It's a great time to join us and make an impact in shaping the future of our business.
Rotork do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies who are not part of our preferred supplier list and we reserve the right to contact candidates directly without paying agency fees.