Rotork Office: UK - Leeds - Rotork Gears UK
- Closing Date: 5th March 2021
- Reports To: QHS Manager
- Location: Leeds, UK
- Job Type: Full Time
- Area Of Interest: Quality
- Contact: Yoshi Danily (Rotork.Recruitment@rotork.com)
We are looking for a Quality Engineer to become a key member of the Quality Department at Rotork to facilitate the robustness of the quality activities associated with the Leeds factory operations.
This is an exciting role for you to work close with operations in cross functional teams, driving excellence on product quality and internal processes. We’re investing in a new machine shop and you’ve be able to have input and influence on how we work with a strong emphasis on Quality and visual management.
As the Quality Engineer you’ll be responsible for:
- Supplier Management to include approval of supplier, supplier audits and driving improvement in the supply chain
- Implementation of effective corrective actions through robust root cause analysis and facilitation with process owners. This may include responding to customer complaints
- Provide support to manufacturing to develop effective procedures/work instructions that meet the requirements of ISO 9001 and other quality management standards
- Approval of suppliers establishing appropriate levels of control commensurate to the nature of the product supplied and the supplier capability
- Continuously improve the quality of externally supplied parts and manage the qualification of new parts or changes to parts
- Problem solving techniques, internal and supplier issues
- Establish robust RCCM through facilitation with process owners
- Drive improvements to products and processes through the use of performance data
- Create visual awareness of quality metrics and communication to the business
- Provide support to manufacturing to develop effective procedures/work instructions that meet the requirements of ISO9001 and other quality management standards
- Develop a process audit plan and execute
- Review the business to ensure department methodologies, processes and procedures are being adhered to
- Implement methodologies for establishing “cost of quality”
You’ll likely have:
- Degree in Quality, Engineering or manufacturing or equivalent relevant experience
- Ideally 5 years’ relevant experience in a prescriptive working environment (manufacturing, oil & gas, Automotive, Aerospace etc)
- Good problem solving techniques – CAPA, 8D, 5 Whys
Nice to have:
- A good understanding of the manufacturing process within a machine shop environment (CNC Machining and CMM inspection ideally)
- Experience in supplier management and driving improvements within the supply chain
- Lead Auditor qualification
Rotork is the market-leading global flow control and instrumentation company, helping our customers manage the flow or liquids, gases and powders across many industries worldwide.
Our purpose is Keeping the World Flowing for Future Generations.
Rotork is going through an exciting period of change and growth, building on our existing market leadership. It's a great time to join us and make an impact in shaping the future of our business.
To apply for this role, please submit your up to date CV.
Rotork do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies who are not part of our preferred supplier list and we reserve the right to contact candidates directly without paying agency fees.