- Reports To: Quality Manager
- Location: Rochester, NY
- Area Of Interest: Quality
- Contact: Andreina Ramirez (email@example.com)
The Quality Engineer is a key member of the Quality Department to facilitate the growth and robustness of the quality activities associated within the Rotor Factory.
This team member is responsible for working within the Quality Team to drive excellence with respect to product quality and internal processes.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, they will also working closely with operations personnel in cross functional teams.
- Degree in Quality, Engineering or manufacturing or equivalent relevant qualification
- Ideally 5 years’ minimum of relevant experience in a mixed volume, assembly environment
- Excellent problem solving techniques – CAPA, 8D, 5 Whys desirable in depth understanding of the manufacturing process within a component and assembly environment
- Experienced in Supplier Management and Driving improvements within the supply chain
- Internal Auditor Qualification (ISO9001 preferred)
- Approachable, able to motivate and influence people at all levels and build relationships with customers, suppliers and Rotork colleagues
- Ability to manage several projects, able to work under pressure at a high work rate, without a reduction in attention to detail
The Successful Candidate
- Customer Concern/Complaints/Query: Become actively involved in the root cause identification, corrective actions and preventative actions
- Supplier Management: Approval of suppliers establishing appropriate levels of control commensurate to the nature of the product supplied and the supplier capability o Continuously improve the quality of externally supplied parts o Manage the qualification of new parts or changes to parts
- Root Cause, Corrective & Preventative Actions: Problem solving techniques, internal and supplier issues o Establish robust RCCM through facilitation with process owners o Drive improvements to products and processes through the use of performance data
- Creating Quality Awareness: Create visual awareness of quality metrics and communication to the business
- Quality Management System: Provide support to manufacturing to develop effective procedures/work instructions that meet the requirements of ISO9001 and other quality management standards
- Process Audits: Develop a process audit plan and execute
- Internal Audit: Review the business to ensure department methodologies, processes and procedures are being adhered to
- Cost of Quality: Implement methodologies for establishing “cost of quality”
To apply for this role, please submit your up to date CV.
Rotork is the market-leading global flow control and instrumentation company, helping our customers manage the flow of liquids, gases and powders across many industries worldwide.
Our purpose is Keeping the World Flowing for Future Generations.
For over sixty years, the world has relied on us to create the things that keep everything moving. From oil and gas to water and shipping, pharmaceuticals and food- these are the flows on which our modern world depends.
Today we're respected and admired for our people, performance and products. Our success flows from our commitment to engineering excellence, and that's what we will always pursue, safely and sustainably.
Rotork is going through an exciting period of change and growth, building on our existing market success. It's a great time to join us and make an impact in shaping the future of our business.
Rotork do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies who are not part of our preferred supplier list and we reserve the right to contact candidates directly without paying agency fees.