Regional Transportation Controller
- Closing Date: 9th September 2022
- Reports To: Global Head of Transport and Logistics
- Location: Rochester, Winston Salem
- Job Type: Full Time
- Area Of Interest: Shipping
- Contact: Mitch Prosser (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This role is key to ensuring the daily management and oversight of the Global Transportation Programme optimising the performance of 3rd Party Logistics within the region.
Reporting to the Global Head of Transport and Logistics, you will be working within a new function as part of a small team to help identify and implement standardised processes.
In this role you will spearhead and develop improvement strategies alongside 3rd Party Logistics partners to optimise inbound and outbound freight movements, provide ongoing support to the facility operations utilising transportation systems, tracking and P/o management tools effectively within their operations and agree, maintain and report on the regional transportation performance metric.
This role would suit an person who is a composed communicator, capable of supervising teams with the ability to cope with the unexpected, managing issues effectively.
- 3 years of international freight and logistics management
- Formal continuous improvement training i.e Lean, 6-sigma
- Knowledge of international Transport and Logistics legislation and compliance
- Industry related degree
The Successful Candidate
- Is highly capable of performing own data analytics
- A proficient user of Excel, PowerPoint and desirably Power BI
- Has the ability to be able to balance the short-term focus on results with longer-term interests
To apply for this role, please submit your up to date CV.
Rotork is the market-leading global flow control and instrumentation company, helping our customers manage the flow of liquids, gases and powders across many industries worldwide.
Our purpose is Keeping the World Flowing for Future Generations.
For over sixty years, the world has relied on us to create the things that keep everything moving. From oil and gas to water and shipping, pharmaceuticals and food- these are the flows on which our modern world depends.
Today we're respected and admired for our people, performance and products. Our success flows from our commitment to engineering excellence, and that's what we will always pursue, safely and sustainably.
Rotork is going through an exciting period of change and growth, building on our existing market success. It's a great time to join us and make an impact in shaping the future of our business.
Rotork do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies who are not part of our preferred supplier list and we reserve the right to contact candidates directly without paying agency fees.