Senior Electronics Design Engineer
|Closing Date:||31st January 2020|
|Reports To:||Engineering Manager|
Founded in 1957, Rotork is the worldwide market-leading solution provided for the actuation, flow control and industrial markets. We have over 3,800 talented employees who work across a global network of local offices and established manufacturing facilities to provide a world-class service to our customers. Our products and services are used extensively in the oil and gas, power, and industrial markets around the world to improve efficiency, assure safety and protect the environment.
About the Position
The Electronics Design Engineer will support New Product Development and Current Product production. This individual will be responsible for concept design, development, testing, product certification, and introduction into production. The position is part of a multitalented, multidiscipline global engineering organization tasked with keeping the company at the forefront of the industry with innovation and robust solutions and will require limited international travel.
|Rotork Office:||USA - Milwaukee - Rotork Controls Inc.|
|Area Of Interest:||Engineering|
- Assist in the development of product design specifications in conjunction with the sales and marketing functions.
- Produce and evaluate concept designs using outlined design requirements
- Produce final designs in accordance with the design specification, results of concept development, and project design specification.
- Ensure the integrity of the design process, through: Development of design specifications (hardware), Technical Design Calculations, Simulation of design using necessary tools, Nodal Analysis (prototype verification) and Leading/supporting design review process
- Produce all necessary production and assembly documentation
- Circuit Design a. Analog Design-basic circuit design for specific use b. Digital Design c. Power electronics d. Low power design
- Have working proficiency with schematics capture/PCB layout software. (DX Designer, PADS, Altium preferred).
- Provide technical support to the sales, service, production, purchasing and quality assurance departments.
- Provide leadership and direction to others on the design team
- Liaising with internal departments and suppliers
- Generation and maintenance of the project plans with details of major milestones, completion dates, costs and resource requirements.
- Testing & debugging - has practical experience of debugging new and legacy designs
- Design for EMC (and testing) - Experience in pre-compliance testing and resolving EMC issues during/after EMC testing
- Hardware design reviews
- Write basic C code to prove the hardware operation of a board. More advanced skills a plus.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- 3 years of new product development experience
- EMC design and testing
- Basic C code knowledge/understanding
- Understand Lean manufacturing principles
- Experience leading design projects/teams and facilitating the activities of those projects/teams
- Have good experience in the product design of an electro-mechanical systems
- Possess experience of the full range of the design process, from conceptual design through manufacture
To apply for this role, please submit your up to date CV.
Rotork do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies who are not part of our preferred supplier list and we reserve the right to contact candidates directly without paying agency fees.