Senior Legal Counsel
- Closing Date: 9th September 2022
- Reports To: Head of Legal
- Location: Bath, UK
- Job Type: Full Time
- Area Of Interest: Administrative
- Contact: Peter Eaton (email@example.com)
The Rotork legal team is seeking dynamic and proactive individuals to support the continuing growth of Rotork.
We are looking for a qualified lawyer with circa 7+ years post qualification experience who has excellent communication skills, is organised, flexible and resilient whilst able to champion proactive problem solving and attention to detail.
Is this you?
Based at our global HQ in Bath and reporting to the Head of Legal for EMEA and India, you will be pivotal in the provision of quality cross-border legal advice within a small and high performing team.
As Senior Legal Counsel you will be responsible for advising key stakeholders across Rotork Plc and its group companies on a broad range of areas such as commercial contracts (including framework agreements, master supply agreements, agent / distributor / reseller agreements and non-standard terms for supply and purchase), disputes, data protection issues, employment and HR issues, M&A and internal restructurings, real estate transactions and IP matters.
You will suggest solutions to resolve business issues in a commercial and pragmatic way which is easy to understand. You will constantly think of new ways to drive efficiencies and influence business thinking. You will interact with members of the Management Board and make an impact every day - no two days will be the same.
- Qualified lawyer with 7+ years PQE
- Must have solid experience in general commercial contracts. Additional experience in data protection, employment or disputes/litigation is highly desirable
- Extensive experience in providing consistent and clear risk-based advice in an in-house environment is essential
The Successful Candidate
- Is commercially aware, bright, confident and proactive
- Can build relationships at all levels through effective communication and teamwork
- Can work autonomously but be a team player
- Is calm under pressure and organises workload to be as efficient as possible
- Has excellent attention to detail with a tenacious approach to best practice
To apply for this role, please submit your up to date CV.
Rotork is the market-leading global flow control and instrumentation company, helping our customers manage the flow of liquids, gases and powders across many industries worldwide.
Our purpose is Keeping the World Flowing for Future Generations.
For over sixty years, the world has relied on us to create the things that keep everything moving. From oil and gas to water and shipping, pharmaceuticals and food- these are the flows on which our modern world depends.
Today we're respected and admired for our people, performance and products. Our success flows from our commitment to engineering excellence, and that's what we will always pursue, safely and sustainably.
Rotork is going through an exciting period of change and growth, building on our existing market success. It's a great time to join us and make an impact in shaping the future of our business.
Rotork do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies who are not part of our preferred supplier list and we reserve the right to contact candidates directly without paying agency fees.