Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Rotork Office: UK - Chadderton - Bifold
- Closing Date: 28th May 2021
- Reports To: Plant Manager
- Location: Manchester
- Job Type: Full Time
- Area Of Interest: Production
- Contact: Yoshi Danily (Rotork.Recruitment@rotork.com)
We have a great opportunity for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join us in our Manchester site. As part of a wider global initiative we are looking for someone to come on board and drive improvements at site level.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will be part of a team of engineers responsible for achieving business plan objectives and supporting the implementation of Lean Manufacturing techniques (in line with the Rotork Lean Programme), provision, support and improvement of robust manufacturing processes and equipment.
There are a lot of interesting projects, lean transformation to reduce cost and create space to expand products and opportunities to mature lean on site and to help drive and improve productivity.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Senior Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for:
- Provide full support to production, assisting with the development, testing and introduction of new products and processes
- Improve the overall reliability and performance of plant, personnel and production equipment and processes. Support installation and commissioning of new equipment and processes
- Carry out feasibility studies for new technical innovations, testing installations and systems, analysing data
- Support launch of new products and change management within production, working closely with other departments to ensure introduction of robust capable processes
- Maintain and develop the delivery of finished products in line with cost, quality and production schedule requirements
- Drive operational efficiency and cost reduction projects designed to achieve site productivity and company profit targets through Rapid Improvement Events (RIEs)
- Develop and implement significant improvements in department wide processes, procedures and systems
- Implement standard operating procedures across all areas of responsibility
- Health and Safety awareness will be amongst your main priorities, and Health and Safety guidelines should be actively adhered to and promoted
You’ll likely have:
- Proven experience manufacturing engineering within an operations environment
- Experience using Lean Six Sigma techniques and methodology to improve operational performance
- Experience of NPI (New Product Introduction)
- Strong problem solving skills and knowledge of PFMEA
Nice to have:
- Lean Six Sigma Green / Black Belt
- Experience working within a global multi-cultural organization
Rotork is the market-leading global flow control and instrumentation company, helping our customers manage the flow or liquids, gases and powders across many industries worldwide. Our purpose is Keeping the World Flowing for Future Generations.
Rotork is going through an exciting period of change and growth, building on our existing market leadership. It's a great time to join us and make an impact in shaping the future of our business.
To apply for this role, please submit your up to date CV.
Rotork do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies who are not part of our preferred supplier list and we reserve the right to contact candidates directly without paying agency fees.