Senior Software Engineer
Rotork Office: UK - Bath - Rotork Controls Limited, UK - Leeds - Rotork Gears UK, UK - Chadderton - Bifold, UK - Wolverhampton - Rotork Midland Ltd
- Closing Date: 21st May 2021
- Reports To: Head of Product Digitalisation
- Location: Bath, Leeds, Manchester or Wolverhampton
- Area Of Interest: Engineering
- Contact: Yoshi Danily (Rotork.Recruitment@rotork.com)
Rotork have initiated a Product Digitalisation Programme (PDP) to identity and develop new data driven business models and digital services. The focus of the programme is to create a flexible, scalable, resilient, and secure Industrial IoT platform.
We are seeking an outcome focused Senior Software Engineer to lead the software development activities to integrate connected edge devices to Rotork and customer business systems to create new digital solutions driven by connectivity and data.
The Senior Software engineer will lead the software development activities to integrate Rotork’s range of industrial connected products to our digital platform. The role will be part hands-on development and part management of 3rd party developers, to deliver a connected solution capable of operating within industrial markets and driving the convergence of Operational and Information technology. The Senior software engineer will report to the head of the PDP and work with a team of architects and engineers to deliver the end to end solution.
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for the development, management, and release of all software development associated with realising the solution. Key responsibilities will include
- Developing a future proof scalable software architecture
- Hands on software development
- Guiding 3rd party developers
- Integrating partner software services
- Release and change management
You’ll likely have:
- Knowledge of cloud hosted IOT platforms
- Experience of developing with 3rd party APIs and Libraries
- Knowledge of cloud storage options
- Experience of IoT communications protocols
- Database integration
- Microsoft enterprise business tools (i.e. D365)
- Unit testing
- Collaborating with 3rd party development teams
- Experience of the Industrial application (advantageous)
Nice to have:
- Experience of working within multi stakeholder environments
- Experience of collaborating with multiple 3rd parties
- Some experience in cloud-based technologies and platforms (Azure, AWS, Google).
- Experience of working with Agile processes
- An understanding of industrial communications stacks.
- Unit testing
Rotork is the market-leading global flow control and instrumentation company, helping our customers manage the flow of liquids, gases, and powders across multiple market verticals. Our purpose is ‘Keeping the World Flowing for Future Generations’. For over sixty years the world has relied on us to create products that keep everything moving; From oil and gas to water and shipping, pharmaceuticals, and food.
Rotork is transitioning through an exciting period of change and growth, building on our existing market leadership to create digital services to provide further value to our customers.
To apply for this role, please submit your up to date CV.
Rotork do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies who are not part of our preferred supplier list and we reserve the right to contact candidates directly without paying agency fees.