Senior Systems Test Engineer
Rotork Office: UK - Bath - Rotork Controls Limited, UK - Leeds - Rotork Gears UK, UK - Chadderton - Bifold, UK - Wolverhampton - Rotork Midland Ltd
- Closing Date: 21st May 2021
- Reports To: Head of PDP
- Location: Bath, Leeds, Manchester or Wolverhampton
- Area Of Interest: Engineering
- Contact: Yoshi Danily (Rotork.Recruitment@rotork.com)
Rotork have initiated a Product Digitalisation Programme (PDP) to identity and develop new data driven business models and digital services. The focus of the programme is to create a flexible, scalable, resilient, and secure Industrial IoT platform.
We are seeking an outcome focused Senior Systems Test Engineer to lead the system integration of Rotork’s range of connected products to our internal business systems to provide new data driven services to the industrial flow control market.
The Senior Systems Test Engineer will define and execute the system testing approach for an industrial IoT solution. The role will involve testing the integration of physical edge products developed through 3rd parties and partners with Rotork’s digital platform, business tools and processes to deliver a connected solution capable of operating within industrial markets and driving the convergence of Operational and Information technologies.
The Senior Systems Test Engineer will report to the head of the PDP and work with a team of architects, engineers and third parties to deliver the end to end solution. You will be responsible for testing the integration of the component parts of the system to realise the solution outcome. Key responsibilities will include:
- Defining and executing the system integration Test Strategy and approach
- Integration Test Planning
- Managing 3rd party developers and service providers
- Coordinating multiple stakeholders
- Defect reporting and change management processes
- Provide support and guidance to the solution test team
You’ll likely have:
- Experience of testing IoT solutions for the industrial market (or similar)
- Experienced of testing IoT Solutions developed by multiple 3rd parties and service providers
- Experience of testing Secure by Design IoT solutions
- Experience of automated test design, methodologies, and processes.
- Experience in developing or maintaining automated test environments (Java or Python or commercial tool).
- Test case authoring and management
- Defect and Change management processes
- Experience of the Industrial Market.
- An understanding of IoT protocols and communications stacks
Nice to have:
- Experience of working within multi stakeholder environments.
- Experience of collaborating with multiple 3rd parties.
- Experience in cloud-based technologies and platforms (Azure, AWS, Google).
- Experience of working with Agile processes
- An understanding of industrial systems.
- An understanding of Industrial Protocols
Rotork is the market-leading global flow control and instrumentation company, helping our customers manage the flow of liquids, gases, and powders across multiple market verticals. Our purpose is ‘Keeping the World Flowing for Future Generations’. For over sixty years the world has relied on us to create products that keep everything moving; From oil and gas to water and shipping, pharmaceuticals, and food.
Rotork is transitioning through an exciting period of change and growth, building on our existing market leadership to create digital services to provide further value to our customers.
To apply for this role, please submit your up to date CV.
Rotork do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies who are not part of our preferred supplier list and we reserve the right to contact candidates directly without paying agency fees.