Supply Chain Manager
- Closing Date: 30th September 2022
- Reports To: Plant Manager
- Location: Bergamo
- Job Type: Full Time
- Area Of Interest: Operations
- Contact: Agata Kepa (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Supply Chain Manager will manage the end-to-end supply chain in accordance with the operations and supply chain strategy, meeting customer expectations, improving on time delivery, delivering world class lead times, whilst maximising process efficiencies and driving down inventory.
- Lead the Supply-Chain function in accordance with Lean and Daily Management rules / event-cycle of the site. Implementing the Operations & Supply Chain policies to achieve the organisational goals.
- Responsible for all aspects of upstream and downstream supply-chain design, execution, and performance, working with the Regional Supply Chain Manager on standardisation of processes and best practises.
- Understand and deliver the customer requirements. Maintaining open and honest communication, managing the delivery of the products from order placement to despatch of goods.
- Lead problem resolution, root cause countermeasure and action plans to minimise disruption to the customer and OTD metric.
- Build relationships and replenishment processes with Suppliers, ensuring purchase orders and expediting processes deliver customer satisfaction and are aligned to centre-led Sourcing strategy.
- Ensure regular supplier order book reviews are been conducted, identifying risks, working collaboratively with global sourcing to resolve.
- Manage all aspects of inventory control and flow, ensuring integrity in inventory value, levels, storage and transactions.
- Approval of supply chain design and system parameters for upstream and downstream flows ensuring right-sizing of inventories to delivering the inventory targets.
- Manage the accuracy and efficiency of Warehouse processes including the execution of making material flow and stocktaking policies and procedures to improve inventory accuracy and control.
- Facilitate the SiOP process, leading the creation of long-term rough-cut capacity plans and master planning schedules, providing specific visibility and recommendations to the future constraints.
- Utilise lean tools and techniques such as value stream mapping, Kaizen and SMED, analysing and drawing conclusions from the data, creating root cause countermeasures. Training and developing the team.
- Accountable for all Supply Chain metrics, performance, and root cause countermeasures, inclusive of Customer OTD (Customer Request and First Promise); Gross and Net Inventory, Slow and Non-Moving Stock, RIO Rate, Net Value accuracy and Absolutely quantity accuracy
- Responsible for all Supply Chain department costs, including warehouse labour, overheads, external storage and premium freight, managing the Supply Chain resources according to the MPS and budget
- Experience in leading and motivating factory based teams.
- Leading regional/global cross functional teams.
- Excellent relationship management, with the ability to work collaboratively.
- The ability to think strategically and translate the strategy into operational performance.
- The ability to work under pressure, solve problems and make decisions.
- Fluency in English (written and oral)
The Successful Candidate
- 3-5 years’ experience in similar roles in manufacturing companies
- Minimum technical education Diploma, or Degree in an engineering discipline.
- Experience with, and sound knowledge of manufacturing supply-chain and Lean methodology. Lean certified and/or 6 Sigma green belt trained
- Strong data analysis and ERP subject matter expert.
To apply for this role, please submit your up to date CV.
Rotork is the market-leading global flow control and instrumentation company, helping our customers manage the flow of liquids, gases and powders across many industries worldwide.
Our purpose is Keeping the World Flowing for Future Generations.
For over sixty years, the world has relied on us to create the things that keep everything moving. From oil and gas to water and shipping, pharmaceuticals and food- these are the flows on which our modern world depends.
Today we're respected and admired for our people, performance and products. Our success flows from our commitment to engineering excellence, and that's what we will always pursue, safely and sustainably.
Rotork is going through an exciting period of change and growth, building on our existing market success. It's a great time to join us and make an impact in shaping the future of our business.
Rotork do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies who are not part of our preferred supplier list and we reserve the right to contact candidates directly without paying agency fees.