- Closing Date: 31st May 2022
- Reports To: Test Automation & Verification Manager
- Location: Bath
- Area Of Interest: Engineering
- Contact: Tracy Lee (email@example.com)
Working collaboratively as part of a high performing test team, providing technical leadership, you will design and manufacture test rigs & equipment and deliver effective, fit for purpose test solutions to our internal & external customers globally. Using the development life cycle you will be responsible for all or aspects of product test activities.
Using your technical knowledge you will influence and inspire best practice. You will need to be proactive, hands on and driven to ensure the delivery of all activities in line with agreed deadlines.
- Complete test creation and test execution of functional requirements to support development, enhancements and on-going maintenance of Rotork’s portfolio of electromechanical industrial control products.
- Creating code for test scripts.
- Conduct testing on Rotork products.
- Create designs and identify the suppliers for the manufacture of test rigs and equipment.
- Capturing and reviewing of test requirements
- To support the existing team to ensure that the business expectations can be met.
- Create processes in line with best practice testing methodologies
- Support in the translation of high-level business and user requirements into functional test requirements, specified in an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by those who must base their work on these requirements.
- Ensuring the test plan life cycle is adhered to. Be involved in test requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable and that they conform to relevant standards.
- Assist in the prioritisation of test requirements and actively participate in peer reviews.
- Produce robust documentation & presentation material for stakeholder use at varying operating levels.
- Monitor and deal with critical paths and risk areas.
- Use defect management to ensure issues are successfully resolved.
- Point of contact between the project team and development team, for test activities
- Escalates all test-relevant topics, participates in conflict resolution in the test environment.
- Monitor the project release from initiation through to delivery ensuring full interaction with stakeholder on all matters providing status reports as necessary.
- Identifies and escalates test issues, data gaps and appropriate administration.
- Ensure that test environments are maintained and remain “Fit for purpose” for the programme of project deliverables.
- Coordinate testing phases of different products in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- Defines/selects test-KPIs for the project reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Product design or Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years industrial testing experience.
- Proven experience of analysing, designing, testing, debugging, and enhancing existing/new products used in an industrial environment.
- Understanding of a variety of project management methodologies (e.g. agile).
- Design and development using structured design techniques.
- Use of the Microsoft toolset - for technical documentation.
- Experience of task management, defect management, requirements capture, verification and validation tools.
- Willingness to travel.
Functional/ Technical Competencies:
- Track record of successful delivery of medium to large projects.
- Motivate, Influence and direct technical professionals.
- Clear and effective communication skills, able to build relationships at all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A team player that shares knowledge and insights, but also able to demonstrate a strong level of initiative.
- An understanding of information processing fundamentals and best practices.
- Can effectively communicate technical information with a non-technical audience when required.
- Adapts style to contribute and enhance overall team performance.
- Works effectively with people across a wide range of disciplines and levels (both internal and external resources).
- Supports and encourages positive working behaviors in others during task fulfillment.
- Strong decision making ability – able to make decisions quickly in a crisis.
- Strong problem solving to develop customer and business focussed results.
- Able to balance the short-term focus on results with longer-term interests.
- Adaptable and able to cope with the unexpected, manage issues effectively.
- Excellent communication skills
- Always act in the best interest of Rotork and demonstrate our values.
To apply for this role, please submit your up to date CV.
Rotork do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies who are not part of our preferred supplier list and we reserve the right to contact candidates directly without paying agency fees.