Principal Firmware Engineer
- 마감일: 20th August 2021
- Reports To: Engineering Manager
- 위치: Bath, UK
- 근무 형태: Full Time
- 관심 분야: Engineering
- 연락처: Jack Nicholls (Jack@arcaresourcing.com)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Firmware Engineer to join our high performing engineering team, working collaboratively across exciting new product development projects taking lead and ownership of elements of the project plans as well as supporting our current products.
You’ll be responsible for aspects of the development life cycle, including: development of core products, new feature requests and enhancements, development of new innovative products in line with formal design principles and processes.
In the role you will be influencing product development with your technical knowledge and encouraged to continuously adapt ways of working inspiring best practice in the team. Being both proactive and hands on you’ll work with disciplines throughout the organisation to deliver solutions in line with agreed deadlines.
As the Principal Firmware Engineer you’ll:
- Lead complex major projects, influence project plans and overall project timescales with a focus on 'on time' delivery
- Respond and influence stakeholder specifications
- Develop and provide cost estimates in collaboration with other business disciplines
- Present analysis results and project solutions to key stakeholders such as technical leads, senior leaders and customers
- Ensure functional and non-functional test specifications meet compliance requirements
- Develop and prepare technical records and reports to demonstrate compliance with associated specification and any relevant standards
- Design to meet internationally recognised standards
- Provision of technical support to key internal and external stakeholders e.g. Sales, Service, Production, Buying and Quality Departments
You’ll likely have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Software or Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience
- Plenty of industrial design experience
- Experience in C programming (embedded C)
- Great experience of analysing, designing, testing, debugging and enhancing existing/new products used in an industrial environment
- Experience of task management, defect management, requirements capture, verification and validation tools
- Understanding of electronics and embedded software
- Unit testing/regression testing experience
Nice to have:
- Understanding of a variety of project management methodologies (e.g. agile).
- Understanding of network protocols
Rotork is the market-leading global flow control and instrumentation company, helping our customers manage the flow or liquids, gases and powders across many industries worldwide.
Our purpose is Keeping the World Flowing for Future Generations.
For over sixty years, the world has relied on us to create the things that keep everything moving. From oil and gas to water and shipping, pharmaceuticals and food- these are the flows on which our modern world depends.
Today we're respected and admired for our people, performance and products. Our success flows from our commitment to engineering excellence, and that's what we will always pursue, safely and sustainably.
Rotork is going through an exciting period of change and growth, building on our existing market leadership. It's a great time to join us and make an impact in shaping the future of our business.
직업 요구사항에 당신의 능력과 경험이 잘 매치되는지를 보녀는 최신 이력서 및 자기소개서를 보내주시기 바랍니다.
Rotork do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies who are not part of our preferred supplier list and we reserve the right to contact candidates directly without paying agency fees.