- Sluitings Datum: 31st October 2021
- Reports To: Regional Financial Controller
- Locatie: Bergen- Norway
- Type Baan: Full Time
- Area Of Interest: Accounts
- Contact: Sadaf Shaikh (BathRecruitment@rotork.com)
We are looking for a Senior Accountant in our Norway Facility. As a Senior Accountant you will undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, assist with the budget and forecasts preparation, as well as compliance with Group internal control policies and procedures. Accountant responsibilities will also include financial risk management.
You will work closely with and support the Country Manager as a trusted business partner within the Sales Leadership Team (vision, organization, practices, initiatives/projects) on a day to day basis as well as on a long term strategic view. You will provide visibility around costs related to the site and ensure adherence to financial legal requirements and Rotork Accounting policies and procedures.
- Manage all day to day finance matters including but not limited to invoicing, A/R, A/P, G/L, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting, Revenue Recognition and Payroll
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly management accounts in line with Group reporting deadlines
- Challenge operational and financial assumptions whilst being an active contributor to operational improvement projects
- Ensuring good financial control and understanding the risks associated with balance sheet assets and liabilities
- Ensuring full transparency of costs and financial impacts to the organization for strategic decisions relating to the site
- Participate and lead in the monthly performance review with the management team, detailing the results of past month, providing explanations for deviations.
- Promote the understanding of key financial metrics and costs within the site, including organising training sessions for non-specialists
Control, Governance and Compliance
- Responsibility for all tax compliance/filings including VAT / Export tax reporting
- Manage and complete year end close process for IFRS Group reporting and local GAAP Statutory reporting
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a strong control environment in accordance with Group Policy.
- Manage and comply with local / national government reporting and regulatory requirements
- Coordinate and be key contact for internal and external audits
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Assist the RFC for quarterly forecasting of sales, costs, EBIT, working capital and significant risk and opportunities
- Assist and participate in the annual budget process detailing sales, costs, EBIT, working capital and other significant metric
You will likely have
- A degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent finance focused subject and/or Hold a professional finance qualification (CIMA preferred)
- Minimum 5+ years accounting or finance experience
- Managed the financial impact and outcomes of a variety of business or commercial issues.
- Demonstrated the ability to review financial areas and identify control weaknesses suggesting actions for improvement.
- Proven leadership experience with direct indirect reporting relationships.
- Proficient in spreadsheets, MS Office and used several ERP systems, including Microsoft Dynamics / D365. Familiar with financial consolidation tools (SAP BPC, Hyperion)
- Fluent in both English and Norwegian language.
- Understanding of risk management and is able to progress business practices to reduce risk whilst improving performance levels. A firm but fair approach to identifying and helping to correct under-performance, backed by sound common sense and a mastery of ‘the numbers and their significance
- Organised and able to manage numerous challenging tasks whilst developing collaborative business relationships with all stakeholders of the business
Nice to have:
- Able to generate enthusiasm and passion across the finance function.
- Able to balance the short-term focus on results with the longer-term interests.
- A team player, yet able to retain independence of thought; constructively challenging.
- Absolute integrity; trusted and respected.
- Clear and effective communicator – both internally and externally.
Rotork is the market-leading global flow control and instrumentation company, helping our customers manage the flow or liquids, gases and powders across many industries worldwide. Our purpose is Keeping the World Flowing for Future Generations.
Rotork is going through an exciting period of change and growth, building on our existing market leadership. It's a great time to join us and make an impact in shaping the future of our business.
Gelieve up stuur volledig CV en een volledige sollicitatiebrief, waarin aangegeven wordt hoe je vaardigheden en ervaring passen bij de functie-eisen.
Rotork do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies who are not part of our preferred supplier list and we reserve the right to contact candidates directly without paying agency fees.