Przemysł Morski i Stoczniowy
Rotork specialise in producing actuators and related equipment for every part of the ship building industry. We have over 50 years' experience in serving ship builders and operators and we understand the challenges faced. Rotork valve actuators are widely recognised as being the most technically advanced, reliable, long life, watertight and user-friendly actuators in the business. Our operations are backed by huge resources and our service is exceptional, always meeting our customers' deadlines whatever the circumstances.
Actuators help control everything that happens in a ship; so they're vital. We have a full range of actuators, all designed to meet the stringent requirements of the marine industry. They are accurate, robust and efficient and provide exacting levels of durability and reliability. They also provide a number of unique cost saving benefits that particularly help marine industry customers, providing precise control, lower costs, lower emissions, and a safe environment.
Rotork actuators are installed in every type of ship, both commercial and military and we work closely with every operation that is involved in the specification, build and operation of ships.
7 Core Requirements
As a specialist in the marine industry, Rotork is dedicated to meeting these 7 core needs with the actuators that we design and manufacture and the services we provide.
1. Durability & Reliability
- All our actuators are designed to withstand the harsh environments and operating regimes of the marine industry.
- Designed to survive hostile environments and extreme conditions of temperature, vibration, salt spray and chemical pollution.
- Long operating life with very low maintenance requirements. Depending on their usage, many of our actuators are still operational after 30 years or more, even in the most demanding environments and with minimal or no maintenance.
- IP68 environmentally sealed from the factory.
- Non-intrusive settings mean the covers do not ever need to be removed, even for commissioning.
- Fast, fine and accurate changes to control operations, so as to quickly achieve the desired result with minimal wastage.
3. Operational Costs
- Our self-contained actuators require a low level of maintenance, and are power efficient.
- Integral diagnostics enable planned maintenance and avoid unplanned emergencies.
- Costs reduced through reliable and accurate operation, increasing efficiency and reducing downtime.
- Products that meet SIL and HIPPS ratings.
- Information on status of valves and actuators is available centrally and locally.
- Full data capture of history of valve and actuator, for diagnosis and management.
- Valve torque profiles and events log to help diagnose valve and control problems.
- Valve and actuator information to guide maintenance plans.
5. Protecting the Environment
- Very fine, very fast control of dampers reduces emissions.
- Accurate control of valves to reduce process waste.
- Our actuators provide accurate control for all environmental applications.
6. Information & Management
- Information on operational characteristics of valves.
- Our actuators interface with any operational control system.
- Accurate data is readily available from our actuators.
- Our easily accessible diagnostics provide full management information.
- Full information on settings, operational accuracy, feedback and history.
- New actuators can easily be incorporated into existing systems.
- Password protection of all information.
7. Maintenance & Support
- We can install, commission and provide complete integration into customers' systems.
- We can provide a full service during maintenance, repair and refit operations, including inspection of all actuators, removal, overhaul and replacement.
- We can support all legacy actuators.
- We provide tailor-made full asset management programmes, including health checks and preventative maintenance.
For further information please see PUB000-049 'Helping the marine industry'