- our website www.rotork.com (the "Website")
- our mobile app (the “Rotork Mobile App”)
- our portals (for example the Customer Portal accessed via rotork.com)
(Each a “Rotork Digital Service” and collectively, the “Rotork Digital Services”).
- This Policy was last updated on 19/06/2023. We may amend this Policy from time to time.
The Rotork Digital Services are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect personal information relating to children.
2. Who we are
We are Rotork plc, a public listed company registered in England and Wales (registration number: 00578327) whose registered office is at Rotork House, Brassmill Lane, Bath BA1 3JQ.
Rotork plc is a member of a group of companies with various trading divisions including Rotork Oil & Gas; Rotork Water & Power; and Rotork Chemical, Process & Industrial (the "Rotork Group"). If you would like a complete, up-to-date list of Rotork Group companies that may process your Personal Data please contact us using the contact details listed in section 3.
Rotork Controls Limited is a subsidiary of Rotork plc and is the operator of the Rotork Mobile App as it appears on the Apple iOS App Store and Google Android Play Store.
Reference to “we”, “us” or “our” under this document is to be construed as the relevant Rotork entity with whom you are interacting and where relevant, any of the Rotork Group with whom that Rotork Group entity shares such information.
3. How to contact us
If you have any questions about how we use your personal information, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please contact us by any of the following means:
- e-mail us at email@example.com ; or
- write to us at Rotork House, Brassmill Lane, Bath BA1 3JQ
4. The personal information we collect about you
“Personal Data” means information which is or can be assigned to you as a living individual or user of our Digital Services, as more specifically defined in the Data Protection Act 2018.
Information, including your Personal Data, which you provide to us
We collect various types of information, which may include some Personal Data which you provide to us when you use or register for an account for access to the Rotork Digital Services (including when you submit personal information through data entry fields on the Rotork Digital Services) and when you obtain products or services, or otherwise interact with us. For example, we may collect the following information from you:
- your title;
- your name;
- your position;
- your company;
- your postal address;
- your phone and e-mail details;
- other personal information you provide to us as part of a query. For example, information about the sector in which you work, or images you provide to us when you submit a query;
- other personal information you provide to us as part of a job application such as a CV; and
- information we collect from you when you purchase products or services from us. For example, the type of product you purchased from us
Information, including your Personal Data, which we collect automatically
When you use the Rotork Digital Services, we may also collect the information about you automatically such as:
- information about other websites you have visited (for example, the address of a referring website you may have accessed before ours)
- information about how you use the Rotork Digital Services (for example, how long you spend using it, how often you use it, when you last used it, and the content you access, such as our publications and white papers)
- technical and device-specific information, such as your IP address, information about the hardware you are using, your operating system, or your unique device identifier
- geolocation data for location tracking to assist with accurate data relating to actuator location
5. We collect personal information using cookies
We collect certain Personal Data information automatically through the use of "cookies." A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we put on your computer if you agree. These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of the Rotork Digital Services, which helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse the Rotork Digital Services and also allows us to improve the Rotork Digital Services.
We use various types of cookies, including session cookies which improve your internet browsing experience (for example, by helping to load web pages more quickly) and analytical cookies. We use analytical cookies to enable us to recognise and count the number of visitors to the Rotork Digital Services and to see how visitors move around the Rotork Digital Services. This helps us to improve the way the Rotork Digital Services work, for example by ensuring that users are easily finding what they are looking for.
Ist Party Cookies (i.e. Rotork Cookies)
Unique identifiers for each browser session.
Unique identifier for each browser session for Sizing Guide only.
These cookies are used in conjunction with the Cookie statement that appears at the bottom of the screen.
These cookies are used in conjunction with the customer asset registration and service feedback questionnaire forms. These are used to aid Rotork’s customer service function.
3rd Party Cookies
We use Google Analytics to gather statistics relating to usage of the Rotork Digital Services. It provides useful information, such as which aspects of each Rotork Digital Service are the most popular.
We use reCAPTCHA to secure/validate our contact/enquiry/job application forms.
|We use Investis to provide Investor information such as Share Price, Share Monitor, and RNS Announcements.
|YouTube / Google
|We use YouTube (owned by Google) to play the videos and animations which can be found on the Website.
The Rotork Digital Services use Google reCAPTCHA to determine whether a human or a computer makes a certain entry in one of our registration forms. The provider is Google Inc, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Google").
Google uses the following data to check whether you are a human or a computer: IP address of the end device used, the website that you visit with us and on which the captcha is embedded, the date and duration of the visit, the recognition data of the browser and operating system type, the Google account, if you are logged into Google, mouse movements on the reCAPTCHA areas.
We use this tool to ensure the security of the Rotork Digital Services, to protect ourselves from automated entries (such as bot attacks) and to ensure exclusively private, non-commercial use by human users. You benefit from this as we can better ensure that we provide enhanced security for better use of our Rotork Digital Services.
Google processes and stores your data in the United States of America. We protect your data in the course of transferring it to and processing it in third countries through contractual regulations and guarantees. Data processing or storage in third countries may also be based on your consent; in this case, you will be informed of the intention to process or store your data separately when seeking your consent for such purposes and such information should set out your rights to revoke any such consent.
Google uses the following data to check whether you are a human or a computer:
- IP address of the end device used
- the website that you visit with us and on which the captcha is embedded
- the date and duration of the visit
- the recognition data of the browser and operating system type
- the Google account if you are logged into Google
- mouse movements on the reCAPTCHA areas
Google processes and stores your data in the United States of America. Compliance with the European level of data protection for data transfer and processing in third countries is ensured through additional contractual regulations and guarantees. Data processing or storage in third countries may also be based on your consent (Art. 49 (1) lit. a EU-GDPR); in this case, you will be informed of this separately when obtaining your consent, as well as the possibility of revocation.
6. How we use your information
We may use your information, including your Personal Data in the following ways:
- to make the Rotork Digital Services available to you and to provide you with content which is tailored to your individual tastes
- to provide you with services that you request
- where you have given us your additional consent, we may disclose your Personal Data to our partners so that they may contact you (including by SMS and e-mail) with products and services which they think may interest you
- to provide you with news feeds or newsletters to which you have subscribed
- where you have given us your additional consent, we may send you information about our business, our publications and/or other products and services which we think you may be interested in. If we contact you, we will give you the option to opt out of receiving further similar communications if you wish
- to process requests, queries, questions, or complaints you may have, and to provide you with customer service, for example, requests to use images in our image library, queries about our products, or requests for quotes
- if you create an account, we will use your account details (such as your email address and password) to register and administer your account
- if you submit an application for a job vacancy, we will use your information to consider and process your application
- if you undertake any eLearning using our Customer Portal we will use your Personal Data to provide the training and to keep a record of the training you have undertaken
- to notify you about important changes to the Rotork Digital Services, including this Policy
- to enforce, or apply this Policy, as well as our other policies, agreements or terms and conditions. Copies of our terms and conditions may be found here: https://www.rotork.com/en/about-us/terms-and-conditions
- to investigate and protect our users or customers from fraudulent, abusive or inappropriate, use of the Website or other unlawful activity; and/or
- for other purposes which are explained to you at the time we collect your personal information.
We will not sell or rent your Personal Data to any third party unless you have consented to this. If you do consent but later change your mind, you may contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will cease any such activity.Through the Rotork Digital Services we may use device information in the following ways:
- read device information from a supported Rotork product e.g. actuator information such as serial number, status, and pertinent settings (firmware version, torque, output speed)
- collect, process and store device information as requested by, or submitted to us
- analyse device data to control the product, change parameters, and write data to update the configuration of the product
- where a product issue cannot be resolved on-site, device data may be extracted and shared with Rotork Technical Support for further analysis and problem solving
- device information and data is used for the general continuous improvement of Rotork products
- device information shared with Rotork for the purpose of using Rotork’s “Intelligent Asset Management” offering will be used to deliver the value of the product offering e.g., data is used to generate analytical reports using calculations
By agreeing with this policy, you will grant Rotork the right – without any restriction in territory and time – to store, use and process device information for the purposes of product support; general product development and improvement of the quality of Rotork products and the Rotork Digital Service; and to share the data for these purposes with third parties as required.
- Please note that information gathered from actuators and their use is not considered Personal Data as the actuators do not provide information containing any statement on personal circumstances and cannot be used to identify an individual
- Currently the collection of device data is achieved by an individual connecting to a supported Rotork product via Bluetooth interface with a suitable device. Please note that the product must have Bluetooth enabled locally before a connection can be achieved
7. Rotork Mobile App
Before downloading the Rotork Mobile App, you are required to give your permission for us to collect and/or process certain information (which may include Personal Data) in order to access specific capabilities or information on your device. The data and functions that the Rotork Mobile App can access on your device, can be viewed within Google Play or Apple iOS App Store.
The Rotork Mobile App uses the following features for the purposes described in the table below. By installing and using the Rotork Mobile App, you authorise usage of your input Personal Data for the purposes of enabling the functionalities set out in the table below.
Overview of Rotork Mobile App functions:
Shows network status
Enables Rotork Mobile App to show the status of all networks
Data exchange via Bluetooth
The Bluetooth interface enables the Rotork Mobile App to establish a connection to the relevant Rotork actuator and to exchange data
Secure registration and login
Connection between the Rotork Mobile App and Okta enables a secure registration and login process
Registration of new users and login page for returning users
Rotork Data Plane connectivity
Secure connection to Data Plane Broker endpoint
Rotork Mobile App uses the secure authentication token from Okta to connect to Rotork’s Data Plane Broker
Enables data exchange between the Rotork Mobile App and Rotork’s intelligent asset management system (“iAM”) via the Rotork Data Plane Broker
Setting tool arrows in the app for navigation
Users can operate the setting tool arrows in the Rotork Mobile App to navigate actuator menus
Enables actuator menu navigation via the Rotork Mobile App in place of a Bluetooth Setting Tool (BTST)
Open / close buttons in the app
Users can operate the “Open” and “Close” buttons in the Rotork Mobile App to open and close the actuator
Enables actuator control locally via the Rotork Mobile App in place of a Bluetooth Setting Tool (BTST)
Setting tool arrows in the app for configuration
Users can operate the setting tool arrows in the Rotork Mobile App to navigate actuator menus and configure the actuator
Enables actuator configuration via the Rotork Mobile App in place of a Bluetooth Setting Tool (BTST) – actuator common settings, open settings, close settings, torque boost settings
Download the actuator datalog
Users can download the datalog from the actuator after a successful Bluetooth connection has been established
Enables the datalog to be extracted from the actuator offline and cached on the device
Send to iAM
Publish actuator datalog to iAM
Users can publish datalogs to iAM (when connected to the internet) for further analysis
Enables the datalog to be shared to iAM directly from the Rotork Mobile App (after which the cached data log can be deleted)
8. With whom do we share your Personal Data and information?
We may share your Personal Data with other parties in accordance with the below table:
With whom do we share your Personal Data and information?
Why do we share it?
Our marketing and sales partners
We may share your Personal Data with our marketing and sales partners, who help us manage our advertising, and enable us to send you information about products and services you may be interested in. These partners help us to manage our customer information and personalise emails.
Third party service providers
We may share your Personal Data with a range of third party service providers who help us with our business. For example IT service providers, subcontractors, and professional services providers.
Third parties requiring information for legal reasons
We may share your Personal Data with others if the law requires us to, or if we think it is necessary to comply with the law. We may also share your Personal Data if we need to do so to protect or defend our legal rights, or those of others.
Third party investigators, authorities or law enforcement bodies
We may share your Personal Data to investigate suspected unlawful activity.
Potential buyers or investors
If we ever wish to sell our business, we may need to share your Personal Data with a potential buyer or an investor.
Members of the Rotork Group
We may share your Personal Data with members of the Rotork Group where required for business operational reasons, or so that they can send you information about products and services you may be interested in.
If you are obtaining our products or services from within the European Economic Area ("EEA"), then we are required to ensure that we only process your Personal Data where we have a legal basis to do so. When we process your Personal Data we will only do so where at least one of the following applies:
9. What is our legal basis for using your personal information?
- we need to use your Personal Data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you
- if it is in our legitimate interests to use your personal information. For example, it is in our legitimate interests to use your Personal Data to improve the Rotork Digital Services, to tell you about changes to this Policy, to tell you about new services or products we are offering, and for business reasons (for example to develop our business or if we are thinking of selling our business); or
- sometimes we may ask for your consent to use certain types of personal information (e.g. by asking you to tick an online box). In these circumstances, your consent will be our legal basis for processing your personal information. If you have provided consent, you may withdraw it at any time. You may do this by "opting out" where we give you the opportunity to do so, or by contacting via email at email@example.com.
10. How long do we keep your personal information?If you have registered an account with us, we will normally only keep your Personal Data for as long as your account is active. When you close your account with us, we will normally delete your Personal Data. Sometimes, however, we may keep your Personal Data after you have closed your account. For example:
- we may retain Personal Data about how you have used the Rotork Digital Services for as long as we think it may be useful to us in order to improve the Website and Rotork Digital Services and develop our business. This may include for example, information about how you have used the Rotork Digital Services
- we may also retain your Personal Data after you have closed your account so that we can send you information about products, services and publications we think you may be interested in. You can "unsubscribe" to receiving such messages or tell us you are no longer interested in which case we will not retain such Personal Data unless it is for another legal reason
- we may retain your Personal Data in order to protect our legal rights, or those of a third party, or to comply with the law; or
- if you purchase products or services from us, we may retain your Personal Data for as long as we need to in order to provide you with after-sales customer service, or for as long as we need to for compliance purposes in order to comply with our record-keeping requirements
11. We may transfer your Personal Data outside the EEAWe may transfer Personal Data that we collect from you to third party data processors or other members of the Rotork Group located in countries that are outside of the EEA in connection with the above purposes.
If we transfer your Personal Data outside the EEA we will only do so where one of the following applies:
- there is an adequacy decision by the European Commission which means that the recipient country is deemed to provide adequate protection for such Personal Data
- where the transfer of personal information is to a member of the Rotork Group, and we have in place binding corporate rules with such member which safeguard the Personal Data
- where we have in place standard model contractual clauses with the recipient which have been approved by the European Commission. These model contractual clauses include certain safeguards to protect the Personal Data
- in the case of transfers of Personal Data to the United States of America, if the recipient has signed up to the USA Privacy Shield Framework; or
- if such transfer is needed to enable us to perform our contractual obligations to you relating to products or services we have agreed to provide to you. We will only do this where such transfers are occasional and necessary
We take data privacy seriously and we only use your Personal Data where we have a lawful basis for doing so, and only to the extent that we need to use it. Whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information, no transmission over the internet can ever be guaranteed secure. You should always think carefully before providing or sharing information which you wish to keep private or confidential.
13. What choices and rights do you have regarding the use of your personal information?
You may "opt out" of receiving marketing or promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. You may also opt out of such marketing by getting in touch by emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your account or our on-going business relations.
If you are based in the EEA or United Kingdom and accessing or using the Rotork Digital Services, you also have the following rights:
- to have access to any Personal Data we hold about you
- to ask us not to use your Personal Data for direct-marketing purposes
- to restrict the way that we process your Personal Data
- to ask us to provide your Personal Data to a third-party provider of services; and
- to have a copy of any Personal Data which we hold about you
If you need help or wish to exercise any of the above rights or have questions about them, please contact us using the
details in section 3.
We will consider all such requests and provide our response as soon as we can. Please note, however, that personal information may be exempt from such requests in certain circumstances, which may include circumstances where we need to keep processing your Personal Data for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. We may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity. If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us via the contact details set out in section 3 above (How to contact us).
14. Third party sites
The Rotork Digital Services may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. Please note that we cannot be responsible for Personal Data that third parties may collect, store and use through their websites or systems. You should always read the policy of each website you visit carefully.
15. Complaints and queries
If you have any complaints, queries or questions about how we use your Personal Data, you may contact us using the contact details set out in section 3 above (How to contact us). We will then get in touch with you to see how we can help.
If you have a complaint about how we use your Personal Data, we would always prefer you to contact us first. However, you may also make a complaint to the relevant data privacy regulator if you wish to do so. Please let us know if you are unsure about how to get in touch with the data privacy regulator.