Pneumatic and Hydraulic Actuators for Linear Valves
Rotork manufacture a comprehensive range of double-acting and spring-return pneumatic and hydraulic actuators to suit all valve sizes. Our LP/LH linear actuators offer the advantages of compact size, high performance and a simple but highly reliable design. They are ideal for operating on/off and control functions of both globe and wedge gate valves. Both spring-return and double-acting configurations are available with either pneumatic or hydraulic cylinders.
LP/LH actuators can be fitted with handwheel (both fixed and declutchable) or hydraulic manual override if desired. They are available in both spring-down and spring-up travel direction.
Key design features
- Carbon steel design single and double-acting cylinders. These are electroless nickel-plated to reduce surface roughness and to provide minimum friction and maximum protection against corrosion.
- The piston rods are carbon steel and chromium-plated. This helps prevent corrosion and minimises sliding friction on the dynamic seals. The rubber seals help to avoid slip effect, even after prolonged periods without operation.
- The visual position indicator is directly connected to the valve stem and shows actuator/valve full linear stroke.
- Totally enclosed carbon steel spring cartridge.
Approvals and industry standards
- Actuators certified in accordance with ATEX Directive
- Actuators certified in accordance with PED Directive
- Actuators certified in accordance with EAC
- Actuators certified IP66M/67M in accordance with IEC 60529
Pneumatic double-acting: 1,800,000 N (404,656 lbs). Pneumatic spring-return (spring end thrust): 186,000 N (41,814 lbs). Hydraulic double-acting: 5,500,000 N (1,236,450 lbs). Hydraulic spring-return (spring end thrust): 400,000 N (89,925 lbs).
See publication PUB020-001 for further details.