SPI Smart Position Indicator
The Smart Position Indicator is designed for use in chemical, petro-chemical, oil and gas industries, power plants and water supply.
Limit switches enclosed in a IECEx/ATEX certified protective enclosure provide an accurate and reliable Open/Close signal to the control room for multi-turn manual valves. Using 30+ years of proven technology, the new Smart Position Indicator mechanically displays the position of the valve for in-field notification and digitally signals its open/closed position.
With certification for use in gas and dust explosion hazardous environments, the Smart Position Indicator helps to create a safer working environment.
- Multi-turn manual duty
- ISO5210 F10 output
- Anodised aluminium housing
- Stainless steel fasteners
- Protected shafts
- Adjustable open / shut plates & contacts
- Maintenance free
- Switches and terminals housed inside a protective enclosure
- Switches used:
Omron DV3-161 or equivalent (non-hazardous variants)
- Mount to existing F10 input flange (stem acceptance Ø20 x 60 mm)
- Direct mount to non-thrust taking, rising stem valve (max stem acceptance Ø20 x 100 mm from mounting face)
- Pin / key handwheel
- Thrust base for thrust taking valves up to 40kN (max stem acceptance ø20 x 135 mm from mounting face)
See SPI Literature Page for further details.