Supplier Code of Conduct
Download the supplier code of conduct in multiple languages here.
This Supplier Code of Conduct applies to all third parties that provide goods or services to companies within the Rotork corporate group (hereinafter referred to as “Rotork”). This includes but is not limited to all suppliers, contractors, consultants, and brokers (collectively “Suppliers”).
Rotork seeks to maximise the benefits created in our global supply chain for us, those working in our supply chain, our communities and the environment. Rotork has earned a reputation for integrity, fair dealing, and ethical behaviour. We are determined to preserve that reputation and that, wherever we do business or operate around the world, we exert a positive influence and create value for our stakeholders.
Supplier Code of Conduct
We expect Suppliers to sign up to our Supplier Code of Conduct. This code covers our expectations on ethical behaviours and compliance with applicable laws; including promoting equal opportunities, human rights, freedom of association, labour rights, good environmental practices, and our zero-tolerance approach to bribery and corruption. It applies to all Suppliers globally and is published in seven different languages. Rotork also expects Suppliers to apply our Code to their own supply chains.
Suppliers to Rotork must adhere to the following core values and require your supply chain to adhere to them as well. In addition, we expect Suppliers to engage with Rotork openly and constructively on social, ethical and environmental issues and continually improve in all areas.
Rotork encourages Suppliers to work following social accountability standards such as SA8000 or ISO 26000 and to use definitions provided by these standards to define their programmes.
As a supplier to Rotork, you and anyone working on your behalf, must:
- comply with all applicable laws;
- treat others with trust, dignity and respect and without discrimination on the basis of race, gender, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, disability or age;
- operate a zero tolerance policy to extortion, bribery and corruption and never offer, pay, solicit or accept bribes in any form;
- comply with all applicable laws and regulations related to fair competition;
- comply with money laundering legislation and not be involved in, or support money laundering practices;
- operate a zero-tolerance approach to the facilitation of tax evasion;
- declare to Rotork any conflicts of interest that may affect your business with Rotork;
- reduce health and safety risks associated with your business to a level as low as reasonably practicable;
- ensure you are not complicit in any human rights abuses;
- uphold freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining, free from interference, discrimination, retaliation or harassment;
- pay wages and benefits which meet or exceed national minimum requirements and adhere to working time regulations where applicable;
- never use child, compulsory or forced labour or any other form of slavery or servitude and work diligently to ensure that your supply chain does not use such practices; including by terminating with immediate effect any of your Suppliers who are found to have or are suspected of having such practices;
- achieve high standards of environmental management through efficient use of resources, complying with all applicable environmental laws, regulations and codes of practice at a minimum;
- calculate and report greenhouse gas emissions associated with your business operations following the Greenhouse Gas Protocol (https://ghgprotocol.org/) and disclose these to Rotork, in public company reports and via platforms such as CDP (https://www.cdp.net/);
- adhere to the spirit and the letter of Rotork’s Conflict Minerals Policy, and not knowingly procure minerals that finance conflict;
- in all other respects, conduct your business with integrity, fairness and in good faith.
Rotork reserves the right to visit and inspect its Suppliers’ premises in order to monitor compliance with this Supplier Code of Conduct and by acting as our supplier you consent to Rotork doing so. Suppliers are expected to cooperate by acting transparently and making their premises and personnel accessible to Rotork so that a meaningful audit can be conducted. In certain circumstances, Suppliers may be expected to conduct similar audits of their suppliers.
Suppliers must always report any concerns they have to Rotork. You can either do this by talking to your usual point of contact at Rotork or, if you feel uncomfortable doing this, Rotork also operates a whistleblowing policy that provides you with guidance on how to raise concerns without fear of retaliation or reprisal.
Suppliers can find Rotork’s “Speak Up” policy on our website here.
Principles Based Approach
Suppliers should act in accordance with the principles set out in this Supplier Code of Conduct when ethical and compliance issues arise. These Supplier Code of Conduct principles are fundamental to how Rotork does business. However, this Supplier Code of Conduct cannot anticipate every possible instance in which an ethical issue may arise. Instead it aims to reinforce the ethical and responsible way in which Rotork expects you to conduct your business and the integrity, honesty and transparency which is required in your operations.
Rotork will be entitled to terminate any contract with a Supplier immediately if it reasonably believes the Supplier has failed to adhere to either the letter or spirit of this Supplier Code of Conduct.