PAX Range Linear Actuators
The wider PAX range is made up of a variety of linear actuators and motorised regulators. PAX1 units are flexible, low voltage actuators that are ideal for use in remote, explosionproof locations. A thrust output of up to 2,890 N (650 lbf) enables actuation of most regulators, small valves and pumps. They are ideal for midstream and downstream natural gas systems demanding precision and reliability, such as natural gas distribution automation. Common applications include pump stroke control, valve control, test equipment and the automation of mechanical spring-loaded pressure regulators.
PAX1 linear actuators are low powered and their use dramatically reduces power usage while maintaining position. The two power options are AC and DC. The AC power variant allows for longer cable runs without degradation of the power supply. These actuators are hazardous area rated to FM, CSA and ATEX. They also have high levels of ingress protection.
- IP rating Type 4X/Type 6P/IP66/IP68 (7 metres for 72 hours)
- FM, CSA and ATEX explosionproof
- Wide ambient temperature range of -40 to +80 °C (-40 to +176 °F)
- Pressure ranges of 0-0.5 psig to 0-3,000 psig
- Linear stroke: 25 mm (1 “)
- Max force: 2,890 N (650 lbf)
- Max linear speed: 60 mm (2.36 “)/ minute
- Low power consumption: less than 1 watt during standby, which is ideal for installations in isolated locations
- Optional isolated 4-20 mA position feedback
- Overall stroke and alarm limits are defined by end user
See PUB136-001 for further details.