Our social contribution
Rotork strives to make a positive contribution to the communities in which we operate around the world. We consider this an integral part of our commitment to be a good corporate citizen. Our ethos is grounded in our Values and behaviours and is part of what makes Rotork a great place to work.
We are committed to making a positive contribution to the communities in which we operate around the world. We target an annual contribution of 0.1% of profits for our nominated charity partners, and a similar percentage to local charitable causes around the world. In keeping with our Values, local teams are empowered to decide how to distribute funds and support their local communities.
Our global charity partners
Our charity partnerships are aligned to our Purpose and the UN Sustainable Development Goals we are targeting to support. We donated £125,000 in total to Renewable World, Pump Aid and WeForest in 2021, increasing our donations to our global charity partners by 25% compared to the prior year. In addition, we have channelled almost £80,000 of funds from individuals, Rotork charity committees and the Company to our own charitable foundation, Rotork Benevolent Support, since establishing it in July 2020. The foundation supports past and present Rotork colleagues facing financial hardship, particularly as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Local charitable donations
Rotork colleagues around the world supported hundreds of charities and good causes throughout 2021.
- In India, Rotork donated to a range of projects, including to Sevalaya, a home for the elderly and abandoned children, funding solar panels and solar streetlights for the facility and outside play areas. Rotork India also donated to various organisations for medical equipment to help the fight against COVID-19
- Rotork made a donation to a Malaysian charity that supports disabled children with food, accommodation and daily living. Rotork chose to support the charity as its revenues had been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic
- Colleagues at Rotork Actuation Shanghai (RAS) donated hundreds of boxes of milk and fruits to the elderly in a neighbouring village. RAS volunteers celebrated the Double Ninth Festival as part of an initiative to show their appreciation for the elderly in the community
- In the UK we donated £5,000 to the Royal United Hospital (RUH) in Bath towards their robotic surgery programme, and £2,000 to the Children’s Literature Festival, among others. At Christmas we raised funds for the Bath Foodbank and KidsOut, a charity supporting children who have escaped domestic abuse
- In Germany, Schischek colleagues supported victims of the devastating flood in 2021 through donations and practical help and equipment to deal with flood damage. Colleagues also chose to support a local hospice and an animal protection association with donations of €7,500
- In the US, colleagues raised awareness and funds for local cancer services, with employees wearing pink during October for breast cancer awareness. Colleagues also donated to the Salvation Army and the local food bank to provide food to those in need at Christmas
Read more about our social contribution in our Sustainability Report