- Reports To: Supply Chain Manager
- Location: Rochester, NY
- Job Type: Full Time
- Area Of Interest: Purchasing
- Contact: Andreina Ramirez (email@example.com)
The responsibility of the Senior buyer / Buyer is to ensure that purchasing is carried out in line with standard Rotork ordering policies by providing support and guidance to the local purchasing team and representing the team to the supply chain leader and site management.
A successful candidate will have a detailed understanding of purchasing parameters such as: Part ABC Classification, safety stock and reorder point calculations, tracking daily purchasing metrics, usage of the ERP system, and coaching/training members of the purchasing team.
We have a great opportunity for a Supply Chain Engineer (Supplier) to oversee the upstream supply chain to deliver great customer service and operational excellence by delivering effective material and information flow from our suppliers to point of use. Taking full ownership for exceptional supplier on time delivery, whilst maximising process efficiencies and driving down inventory.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Raw material and purchase part SKU parameterisation, ensuring the strategy is aligned with the business requirements
- Supplier master data within the ERP system. Escalation of communication from the Suppliers advising of a change to the agreement
- Utilising inventory tools and techniques to ensure right sizing of inventory availability. Ensuring inventory right-sizing on raw material and purchased goods in transit
- Measuring and reporting of the supply base performance for on time delivery, lead time and order quantity
- Building relationships with suppliers, working collaboratively on achieving the supply chain requirements
- Leading upstream supply chain performance improvements projects, working with the Suppliers on root cause countermeasures and action plans
- Educated to degree level or with appropriate workplace experience/qualification
- Strong data analysis and ERP subject matter expert
- Use of common tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point
- Experience with, and sound knowledge of sales and operations, manufacturing supply chain, inventory planning and lean methodology
- Strong inventory management skills
- Scheduling experience and working with customers from an order processing side
- Good knowledge of end to end order fulfilment
The Successful Candidate
- Excellent Relationship Management, with the ability to work collaboratively
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to think strategically and translate the strategy into operational performance
- Experience of leading change and delivering results
To apply for this role, please submit your up to date CV.
Rotork is the market-leading global flow control and instrumentation company, helping our customers manage the flow of liquids, gases and powders across many industries worldwide.
Our purpose is Keeping the World Flowing for Future Generations.
For over sixty years, the world has relied on us to create the things that keep everything moving. From oil and gas to water and shipping, pharmaceuticals and food- these are the flows on which our modern world depends.
Today we're respected and admired for our people, performance and products. Our success flows from our commitment to engineering excellence, and that's what we will always pursue, safely and sustainably.
Rotork is going through an exciting period of change and growth, building on our existing market success. It's a great time to join us and make an impact in shaping the future of our business.
Rotork do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies who are not part of our preferred supplier list and we reserve the right to contact candidates directly without paying agency fees.