The launch of the Rotork CQ Compact introduces a range of fully concentric, balanced design pneumatic and hydraulic...
The CQ range provides an innovative fully-concentric and balanced actuator design for quarter-turn valves. The design features a helical mechanism that transforms linear piston motion into quarter-turn valve stem rotation. CQ actuators provide a much higher torque output for a given footprint than scotch yoke designs typically utilised to operate many quarter-turn valve types. It is therefore ideally suited for installation in confined spaces. Further, Rotork’s unique helical pin design provides higher efficiency than a helical gear mechanism utilised by other valve actuator manufacturers.
As standard, the CQ torque output profile, like that of a scotch yoke actuator, is engineered to parallel the torque demand profile typically found with popular quarter-turn valve types. The CQ design however is unique in that the torque profile can be custom engineered and manufactured to meet specific, non-standard valve torque requirements.
In our experience, the CQ standard range of sizes is suitable for applications that require a pneumatically powered actuator with torque demand less than 150,000 Nm. However, we also engineer CQ actuators with greater output and/or hydraulic power. Please apply to Rotork for these applications.
- Weatherproof housing suitable for harsh environments
- Applications: SIL3, functional integrity, safety, limited space
- Pneumatic, single and double-acting
- Up to 150,000 Nm (1,300,000 lbf.in) (higher upon request)
- Instrument air
- Mineral oil
- Sweet, clean and dry natural gas / nitrogen
- 12 barg for the pneumatic
- 90° ± 5° (Custom rotations beyond 90° upon request)
- Standard: -30 to 100 °C (-22 to 212 °F)
- PED Compliant: -20 to 160 °C (-4 to 320 °F)
- Low: -40 to 160 °C (-40 to 320 °F)
- Extreme Low: -60 to 160 °C (-76 to 320°F)
- IP66M/IP68, PED, IECEx, EAC, suitable for SIL3 application
- Actuators certified to ATEX 2014/34/EU
See CQ literature page for further details.