Rotork Fluid Systems has completed the delivery of forty-four specially customised hydraulic valve actuators for sub-sea installations in...
Rack and pinion actuators often offer the most economical solution for quarter-turn valves that have a fairly constant torque requirement throughout the stroke.
RH (hydraulic) actuators are available in five body sizes to produce torque output up to 3,700 Nm (29,900 lbf.in) at operating pressures up to 250 bar (3,600 psi). They are available in either double-acting or spring-return configurations.
- Heavy-duty cast iron bodies
- Electroless nickel-plated cylinders for corrosion resistance
- Valve mounting dimensions per ISO 5211 DIN 3337
- Complies with EN60529 (1991) + (A1:2000) for IP67M
- Certified suitable for use in SIL3 as a single device in accordance with IEC 61508
- Actuators certified to ATEX 2014/34/EU and PED 97/23/EC
RH extreme duty actuators are designed for some of the most challenging valve actuation applications on earth. They are an excellent choice for the demanding requirements and adverse conditions found in applications for mining and offshore. The balanced design has a very compact footprint for a given output. Output torque to 700,000 Nm (6,200,000 lbf.in). Units with output torque higher than 700,000 Nm (6,200,000 lbf.in) are available upon request.
- Standard rotation 90° (+/-5°)
- Totally enclosed weatherproof housing
- Carbon steel construction
- Electroless nickel-plated cylinders with redundant piston seals
- Double acting with four hydraulic cylinders
- Dual rack design
- Female input shaft allows direct mounting to valve topworks
See RH literature page for further details.