|Closing Date:||31st January 2020|
|Reports To:||Purchasing Supervisor|
Founded in 1957, Rotork is the worldwide market-leading solution provided for the actuation, flow control and industrial markets. We have over 3,800 talented employees who work across a global network of local offices and established manufacturing facilities to provide a world-class service to our customers. Our products and services are used extensively in the oil and gas, power, and industrial markets around the world to improve efficiency, assure safety and protect the environment.
About the Position
Under the direction of and reports to the Purchasing Supervisor. Responsible for sourcing direct and indirect materials as assigned. Responsible for ensuring product meets quality, delivery, and landed cost requirements all commodities purchased. Responsible for ensuring inventory goals are met.
|Location:||Winston Salem, NC|
|Rotork Office:||USA - Winston-Salem - Rotork Fairchild Industrial Products Co|
|Area Of Interest:||Purchasing|
- Ensure positive supplier relations, treating them with respect and ensuring necessary is provided
- Communicate quality requirements and expectations to suppliers
- Continuously monitor vendors for process and material changes, and document as needed, ensuring they do not have negative effects on product quality.
- Obtain and evaluate multiple quotes whenever sourcing new or existing products, including global sourcing, when necessary
- Generate and expedite purchase orders as required.
- Factor in TRUE landed cost to our door (i.e. account for transportation, quality inspection, packaging, etc.).
- As new suppliers are established obtain and retain up to date confidentiality agreements.
- Ensure a reliable supply chain with minimal inventory that has no disruptions to the production process. Perform timely and consistent reviews, to evaluate forecast and kanban changes.
- Where applicable, install and maintain kanban replenishment with suppliers versus monthly releases to purchase orders.
- Support visual parts management system on the production floor.
- Ensure complete and reliable data accuracy to be maintained on a continual basis. Maintain supplier master files and Kanban data with timely and accurate information.
- Provide timely follow up and communications on late/expedite shipments. For Late/Quality Issues initiate, follow up, and audit corrective actions.
- Control and monitor consigned inventory and FIPC owned tooling at supplier locations
- Control and justify lot sizes. Ensure vendor packaging sizes meets safety (handling) and productions needs.
- Implement product changes effectively.
- Coordinate with other departments towards resolution of supplier issues and identification of design issues that may result in cost savings and delivery improvements.
Functional/ Technical Competencies:
- Have a thorough understanding of applicable information systems (ERP, MS Office, etc.)
- Two (2) to five (5) years purchasing experience.
- Outstanding communication skills, strong negotiation skills, and sense of urgency
- Bachelor’s degree
- Working knowledge on Kanban and lean manufacturing
To apply for this role, please submit your up to date CV.
Rotork do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies who are not part of our preferred supplier list and we reserve the right to contact candidates directly without paying agency fees.