Senior Firmware Engineer
Rotork Office: UK - Bath - Rotork Controls Limited
- Closing Date: 11th June 2021
- Reports To: Head of Product Digitalisation
- Location: Bath, UK
- Job Type: Full Time
- Area Of Interest: Engineering
- Contact: Yoshi Danily (Rotork.Recruitment@rotork.com)
Rotork have initiated a Product Digitalisation Programme (PDP) to identity and develop new data driven business models and digital services. The focus of the programme is to create a flexible, scalable, resilient, and secure Industrial IoT platform.
We are seeking an outcome focused Senior Firmware Engineer to lead the firmware development activities to integrate connectivity solutions into Rotork’s range of industrial products to provide new data driven services to the industrial flow control market.
The Senior Firmware Engineer will lead the embedded firmware development of Rotork’s range of industrial products. The role will be part hands-on development and part management of 3rd party developers, to deliver a connected solution capable of operating within industrial markets and driving the convergence of Operational and Information technology. The Senior firmware engineer will report to the head of the PDP and work with a team of architects and engineers to deliver the end to end solution.
The Senior Firmware Engineer will be responsible for the development, management, and release of all embedded firmware within the edge devices. Key responsibilities will include
- Developing a future proof scalable firmware architecture
- Hands on firmware development
- Guiding 3rd party developers
- Integrating partner firmware libraries
- Release and change management
You’ll likely have:
- Knowledge of embedded RTOS’s (i.e. Mbed, Secure RTOS)
- Firmware architecture
- Working with 3rd Party libraries and API’s
- An understanding of common communications stacks
- Experience of developing connected products and systems for industrial markets (or other similar market verticals)
- Source Control management
- Firmware release management
- Some knowledge of security and Secure by Design development
- Excellent written and verbal communications
Nice to have:
- Experience of working within multi stakeholder environments and collaborating with multiple 3rd parties
- Some experience in cloud-based technologies and platforms (Azure, AWS, Google)
- Experience of unit testing connected products
- Experience of working with Agile processes
- An understanding of industrial communications stacks
- Unit testing
- Experience of hardware development
Rotork is the market-leading global flow control and instrumentation company, helping our customers manage the flow of liquids, gases, and powders across multiple market verticals. Our purpose is ‘Keeping the World Flowing for Future Generations’. For over sixty years the world has relied on us to create products that keep everything moving; From oil and gas to water and shipping, pharmaceuticals, and food.
Rotork is transitioning through an exciting period of change and growth, building on our existing market leadership to create digital services to provide further value to our customers.
To apply for this role, please submit your up to date CV.
Rotork do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies who are not part of our preferred supplier list and we reserve the right to contact candidates directly without paying agency fees.